Internal Revenue Agent (Senior Program Analyst - Examiner) TEMP NTE 1 Yr, MBE, MBMP -12 MONTH ROSTER
Company: Department Of The Treasury
Posted on: May 29, 2023
WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF EMPLOYED (SB/SE)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas: SB/SE DEPUTY COMMISSIONER EXAM, HEADQUARTERS EXAMINATION, EXAM QUAL & TECH SUPPORT
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level.
* Performs assignments that are agency-wide in scope and have significant impact on issues facing the Operating Unit. Examples include, participating in Business Reviews of field and headquarter offices; serving on task forces or study groups as the Deputy Director's representative to address divisional and Service wide issues; establishing policy for field operations and performing independent analyses of Area or nationwide SB/SE examination operations. The incumbent must be knowledgeable of the Deputy Director's policies and ensure that views are well represented. The incumbent may also represent the Deputy Director on local Federal executive projects or similar activities.
* Leads teams of Operating Unit managers and employees; or independently studies complex problems facing the Operating Unit functions or those of particular concern or interest within the Compliance. This may require coordinating input from activities outside the division or identifying new or modified methods of performing work that requires the incumbent to demonstrate both expert analytical or process analysis skills and expert knowledge of professional tax accounting.
* Participates with cross-functional representatives on activities within the Operating Unit including development of SB/SE and LMSB operating plans, Business Plan, and Business Review assessments and reports. Assists the Deputy Director with oversight responsibilities by conducting specific studies and analyses to support operational reviews and measure achievement of goals and performance expectations, execution of plans, accomplishment of benchmarks, compliance with directives, and utilization of resources.
* Analyzes examination program areas to discern trends in program delivery such as effectiveness of incorporating various applications into audit and compliance processes, and consolidated report data to measure effectiveness in meeting baselines or the degree to which program plans and achievements support strategic agency initiatives. Serves as the process-analysis expert and applies skills to local or Service-wide issues.
* Provides necessary technical advice and staff assistance to headquarters executives, headquarters analysts and field managers and employees in the assigned examination program area. Develops and prepares operating guidelines, instructions and other material pertaining to assigned program areas.
Conditions of Employment
STANDARD POSITION DESCRIPTIONS (SPD): PD94714
Visit the IRS SPD Library to access the position descriptions.
* Telework Eligible Positions: Telework eligible positions do not guarantee telework. Employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements (e.g., reporting at least twice a pay period to your assigned Post of Duty (POD)) and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. Employees must also be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
* A 1-year probationary period is required (unless already completed).
* File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
* Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: A Certificate as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a bachelor's or higher degree in accounting that included at least 30 semester hours in accounting or 24 semester hours in accounting and an additional 6 semester hours in related subjects such as business law, economics, statistical/quantitative methods, computerized accounting or financial systems, financial management, or finance.
A bachelor's or higher degree in a field other than accounting or a combination of education and experience equivalent to 4 years that included at least 30 semester hours in accounting or 24 semester hours in accounting and 6 semester hours in related subjects as described above.
Currently or previously held an Internal Revenue Agent GS-0512 position for at least one year.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-14 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: progressively responsible and diversified professional accounting or auditing work that required: Experience in auditing and training related to partnership taxation, teaching courses in partnership taxation, designing filters and/or rules to identify partnership tax returns for workload selection, or participating in the classification of partnership tax returns. This experience may be gained by working as a member of a flow-through (partnership or S-Corp) group.
MEET TIME IN GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT: For positions above the GS-05, applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year (52 weeks) at the next lower grade level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the grade you are applying for.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens".
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
A copy of your transcripts or equivalent documentation is required for positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying based on education or a combination of education and experience. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. If the position has specific education requirements and you currently hold, or have previously held, a position in the same job series with the IRS, there is no need to submit a transcript or equivalent at this time. Applicants are encouraged, but are not required, to submit an SF-50 documenting experience in a specific series. A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a non-bargaining unit position.
* Tour of Duty: Monday-Friday, Day Shift - Start and stop times between 6:00am and 6:00pm.
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
* Relocation expenses - No
* If this position is covered by a formal development plan, pay retention will be offered where applicable based on law and regulation.
* Though many locations may be listed, you will be limited to a maximum of 3 location choices. Please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.
* TEMPORARY NOT TO EXCEED (NTE) 1 Year, May be extended up to 5 years, May be made permanent without further competition.
If the position(s) are no longer needed prior to the closing date, this announcement may be closed early.
This is an open continuous announcement which allows applicants to apply up to the closing date of the announcement. The register will be used to fill vacancies throughout the year. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they become available. Applicants need to apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of the following cutoff date to be considered: 03/16/2023. This announcement may be amended to include additional vacancies and cut-off dates within the 12-month period if needed.
Keywords: Department Of The Treasury, Rockville , Internal Revenue Agent (Senior Program Analyst - Examiner) TEMP NTE 1 Yr, MBE, MBMP -12 MONTH ROSTER, Professions , Rockville, Maryland
here to apply!