Help Desk Technician
Company: Planet Depos
Posted on: November 18, 2022
The Help Desk Technician provides daily support to employees who
are using software, hardware, or other computer systems and needs
help completing tasks. They are responsible for troubleshooting
problems through diagnostic tests and remote access to computers.
They assist in coordinating PC hardware, software and peripheral
installations, and upgrades. In addition, they provide support for
telephony, operational activities, and other technologies, as
directed. They must have sufficient technical knowledge and be able
to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain
its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and composed, to
deal with demanding customers.
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide phone and helpdesk support for local and off-site
- Diagnose system errors and other issues.
- Follow-up with employees to ensure issues are resolved.
- Assist with the onboarding and training of new employees.
- Set up new employee accounts and delete terminated employee
- Manage helpdesk tickets in a timely manner.
- Utilize ticket tracking system to document all support
- Assist with maintaining inventory of hardware, software and
- Responsible for assisting employees with PC's, mobile devices,
printers, and related equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard
- Support software applications, including troubleshooting
programs, testing, and applying new software releases.
- A basic understanding of Cybersecurity technologies (MFA, DUO,
- Meet SLA's, KPI's and Metrics as defined.
- Primary onsite work at the Rockville Md. Office to assist in
supporting the company's physical office (e.g., connections for
employees' workstations and phones, wireless access points,
routers, computer server room, etc.).
- Possible additional travel may be required to satellite PD
offices in the DMV area.
- Possible after-hours/weekend work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN LOCATION:This position is an in-office role
(therefore proof of COVID vaccination required) based out of
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN SHIFT:9:00am - 5:00pm EST Monday - Friday
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN COMPENSATION:$24.04 - $31.25 per hour
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Information Technology,
specifically in user support for hardware/software problems.
- Good understanding of computer systems? mobile devices? and
other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and solve basic technical issues.
- Must have great attention to detail and excellent verbal and
written communication skills.
- Must be motivated, organized, and work well under
- Must be able to work well without direct supervision.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and ability to
- Ability to lift up to 50lbsStrong Background In:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Active Directory User Management
- Group Policy Management
- NTFS Permissions
- Office 365 and Azura cloud services
- Office 2010 and above Required
Keywords: Planet Depos, Rockville , Help Desk Technician, Professions , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!