Sr. Electrical Engineer
Company: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Senior Electrical Utilities EngineerPrimary Duties: The leading
technical electrical engineering resource for the
site.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of new
equipment or modifications to existing systems with consideration
to new processing technologies or strategies. This may include
assessing an economic, electrical, environmental, quality, or
productivity impact while generating engineering reports.
- Use OE Tools to gather and analyze data on equipment/facility
service problems in order to identify the root cause of the problem
and generate possible solutions to equipment/electrical service
problems based upon the facts gathered and generating measurable
- Lead discussions and recommend solutions with key customer
groups in order to gain a consensus on the repair or modification
- Develop a project plan and budget, and then implement the
approved modifications, following up to ensure the desired result
has been achieved. Document plans and modifications in an
appropriate manner. Capable to utilize project management tools
such as MS Project, etc.
- Provide training to staff involved in the use or maintenance of
electrical equipment to ensure safe and reliable operation.
- Prepare or review operation, safety and maintenance procedures
to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Mentor and assist in skills development of other engineers
within the department.
- Delegate project duties within the department or value stream
team and understand the execution of those duties.
- Supervise the activities of contractors.Education and
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 5 years' experience as a utilities/electrical engineer
in a manufacturing industry.
- At least 10 years Electrical Engineering experience
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of utility systems used to
support biopharmaceutical manufacturing operations; including but
not limited to purified water pre-treatment and generation, clean
steam, clean gas, compressors, boilers, chillers, cooling towers,
electrical distribution, clean room air handlers, and building
- Prior project experience in the electrical design,
construction, and start-up of large bulk biopharmaceutical
facilities including GMP utility systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects to completion on time
and within budget.
- Strong technical understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
and electrical engineering practices, codes, and standards.
- Must be able to interact well with peers, subordinates, and
senior personnel in scientific, engineering, and operational
- Demonstrated ability to participate as a leader or member on
cross-functional and self-directed work teams.
- Professional engineering license preferred.
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Knowledge of VFDs, DC/AC Infrastructure, & High Voltage
Experience.Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence
and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming
challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills
and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and
open conversations.Complexity and Problem Solving:
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
Keywords: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company, Rockville , Sr. Electrical Engineer, Professions , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!