Superintendents - Commercial Construction/TI
Company: HBW Construction
Posted on: June 22, 2022
POSITION PURPOSEAn HBW Construction superintendent leads on-site
construction operations and is responsible for HBW Construction's
commitment to delivering superior construction projects to our
clients. The superintendent will push the schedule, coordinate the
trades, maintain a safe working environment and ensure construction
is done with superior quality.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF
RESPONSIBILITIESFirst Impression/ProfessionalismAn HBW Construction
superintendent personally represents HBW Construction each day
through their appearance, professionalism, and actions. As a
result, they impact the business image HBW presents to its
customers. To be successful, the superintendent shall:
- Take ownership of the project by being accountable for the
quality of product produced, delivering the project on time and
meeting the client's expectations.
- Maintain a professional business appearance at all times by
following the dress code for HBW field staff, which consists of HBW
Shirt, khaki pants, work boots, and any personal protective
equipment (PPE) required while also maintaining good personal
- Create and maintain a team environment with all stakeholders on
the project including, but not limited to owners, clients,
suppliers, building management, building engineers, tenants, and
- Communicate effectively with both written and verbal
correspondence. Must be able to communicate to all levels of
- Maintain a "can do" solutions based attitude at all times in
high pressure environments.
- Understand the importance of relationships at all levels and
foster those relationships on a daily basis.
- Understand and enforce the building's rules and
- Maintain a clean and organized worksite and onsite office at
- Additional expectations included in the Expectations and
Effective Work Practices for Superintendents document
(attached).SafetyA superintendent's number one responsibility is to
ensure that all workers who report to the site leave the same way
they reported to the site. To facilitate this responsibility the
HBW Construction superintendent will:
- Understand, promote and enforce the HBW Construction Corporate
- Understand, promote and enforce the safety requirements of all
authorities having jurisdiction (ex. OSHA, MOSH, VOSH, EM
- Maintain current First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Obtain and maintain OSHA 10
certification.Scheduling/Planning/CoordinationA superintendent is
charged with bringing together multiple stakeholders, designers,
subcontractors and suppliers to successfully deliver the project
on-time. The superintendent will:
- Review and assess layouts prior to a job beginning; communicate
any conflicts or discrepancies discovered to the Project Management
and Design Team.
- Schedule day-to-day efforts among various trade subcontractors
by understanding how each trade's scope of work fits into the
sequence of activities. Work with HBW Project Managers, third party
inspectors, owner's representatives, and building engineers to
ensure work is completed on time and on schedule.
- Work with the trades to plan the project out and use milestones
to evaluate the progress of the project. Identify areas where
schedule efficiencies can be gained and adjust to conflicts.
- Create and maintain a Two Week Look Ahead schedule for Project
- Coordinate the work of all trades and subcontractors. From
this, areas of conflict and areas where trades can work together
will be identified to ensure that all details are included in the
- Schedule and obtain all required inspections and ensure
necessary permits are in place for the work.
- Track all materials and equipment from submission of submittals
to site delivery.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on schedule,
and 100% ready for client move-in.Quality ControlAn HBW
Construction superintendent is responsible for ensuring that the
project is built in accordance with the contract documents and to
the highest level of quality possible. To facilitate this the
- Review and understand all contract documents such as the Plans,
Specifications, Architect's Supplemental Instructions (ASI),
Bulletins, Architect's Supplement Sketches (ASK), Addendums,
- Ensure that all craftsmanship is at the highest level possible
and identify items that need to be reworked. The superintendent
will track all quality deficiencies items until they are properly
- Create a punch list for the project and have it complete prior
to the Architect/Owner punch list walkthrough.
- Ensure that HBW Construction Standards are incorporated in
every project (attached)
- Identify and generate requests for information (RFIs) for areas
needing additional information. The superintendent shall track the
RFIs from submission to response and publish the response to the
subcontractor team when obtained.
- Accurately document the project through Daily Field Reports,
RFIs, and posting of changes to as-builts documents.
- Turn-over the project with 100% completion and sign-off of the
punchlist prior to client move-in. Turn-over as-builts and
operations and maintenance manuals to the Project Manager.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and innovative problem-solving
skills as necessary.QUALIFICATIONSTechnical Qualifications
- 5 years of experience as a Superintendent in commercial
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction industry standards,
building codes, equipment and methods.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft
- Valid driver's license and personal mode of
- Excellent communication skills.Physical Qualifications
- Must be able climb ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk a project 3 to 4 times a day.
- Must be able to stand for 6 hours a day.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.HBW Construction is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or
because he or she is a protected veteran.
Keywords: HBW Construction, Rockville , Superintendents - Commercial Construction/TI, Professions , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!