Research Technician, Vivarium Operations
Company: Champions Oncology Inc.
Posted on: June 19, 2022
About usChampions Oncology is a technology-enabled research
organization that leverages an end-to-end range of research and
development solutions to improve the productivity of oncology drug
development. Using computational and experimental testing
platforms, Champions Oncology improves decision making for
effective therapeutic development. Our team is passionate and
self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of
oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients' lives
around the world.
Job OverviewSupport in vivo oncology studies in mice as a member of
the Vivarium Operations Team. Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide animal care including handling, receipt and husbandry
- Provide animal care including feeding and watering with food
and water consumption monitoring
- Conduct animal observation for general health and overall
- Clean equipment, rooms and facility according to a schedule
devised by senior personnel; including floor sweeping and washing,
cage washing and sterilization, and waste removal
- Document and initial required information in relevant room and
- Material and supply distribution and waste handling
- Record data using laboratory information management
- Work weekends and holidays on rotating basisQualifications,
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented
environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability,
integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise
sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Superior planning, organizational, computer, written, and
verbal communication skills
- Ability to assist with other duties in a dynamic
- Understanding of animal welfare and clinical testing
regulations and standards (e.g. AAALAC, CLIA)
- Ability to observe safety and security proceduresThis job
description may be changed to include new responsibilities and
tasks or change existing ones as management deems
necessary.Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative
Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Keywords: Champions Oncology Inc., Rockville , Research Technician, Vivarium Operations, Professions , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!