Facilities Engineering - Management
Company: Charles River Laboratories
Posted on: January 15, 2022
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to
assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new
drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a
significant impact on the health and well-being of people across
the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance,
IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role
in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career
that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV
must be uploaded and submitted during the application process.
Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.Job
The Facilities & Engineering Manager is responsible for the
facilities and engineering activities for all Vigene Bioscience
buildings including office space, labs, GMP space, equipment, and
Duties and Responsibilities
--- Manage, plan, and implement facilities and engineering
- Manage the facility techs & associates to provide guidance on
- Manage the GMP Production Area cleaning requirements with
members of the facility team.
- Provide technical engineering support for mechanical/HVAC,
electrical, plumbing, utilities, and equipment.
- Lead engineering and design reviews for all occupied
- Initiate, manage, and direct projects for facility improvements
and other building/site renovations.
- Program and maintain Building Control Systems BAS/DDC (i.e.
lighting, sprinklers, HVAC, etc.) .
- Develop estimates and proposals for facilities
improvement/renovation projects and equipment installations.
- Provide technical support & technical writing for facility
commissioning and IQ/OQ/PQ activities.
- Work with Lab & Production Teams to provide them building,
utility, and system assistance that allow their work to be
performed (consider these departments a customer).
- Coordinate the performance of all routine and non-routine
building maintenance activities.
- Manage Janitorial services for keeping the buildings' occupied
- Manage Special Medical Waste (Biological) disposal coordination
- Manage the Pest Control Program and associated
- Manage contractors performing facilities and engineering
- GMP Facility Associates.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Job QualificationsQualification for the Job
--- B.S. in Engineering (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical) preferred, or
- 8+ years of plant engineering or systems operation
- 3+ years of Biotechnology, GLP, and/or GMP equipment
- 3+ years of GMP/GDP experience (i.e. labs, clean rooms).
- Solid knowledge of project management.
- Clear written and verbal communication .
- Competent with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO).
- Able to read and understand construction drawings.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to train and mentor the members of the Facility Team
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.
If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile,
please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must
follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations,
and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by
December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and
safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination
from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious
exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition
(crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided
about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Microbial Solutions
Our Microbial Solutions business group has a comprehensive
portfolio of endotoxin testing, microbial detection and microbial
identification products and services is unlike any other, and has
been purposefully designed to meet the complex and ever-changing
needs of the industry. We help clients to ensure product safety and
quality with easy-to-use yet robust testing solutions that satisfy
regulatory requirements, support critical decision making and
improve operational efficiencies.
Keywords: Charles River Laboratories, Rockville , Facilities Engineering - Management, Professions , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!