Environmental and Social Research Analyst (temp)*
Company: Institutional Shareholder Services
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Each year, institutional investors such as mutual funds and
pension funds vote on key governance issues at their portfolio
companies. These include the election of directors, ratification of
auditors, executive compensation plans, and Environmental and
Social shareholder proposals. For over 30 years, Institutional
Shareholder Services (ISS) has been the leading provider of
governance research to institutional investors, helping them assess
governance risk at their portfolio companies and cast informed
votes on these issues.We seek to hire several research analysts to
work with our Specialty and Environmental & Social Proxy Issues
Research teams in our Rockville, Maryland office during the spring
annual shareholder meeting season, for a term starting February
2022 for a term ending in May/June 2022 (there could be some
fluctuation in start and end dates) . We cannot sponsor work
authorizations for this short contract; however, we can work with
the school requirements for OPT/F1.Responsibilities
- Perform research on environmental and social issue shareholder
proposals to be voted on at annual shareholder meetings of publicly
- Analyze information to draft reports and issue proxy vote
recommendations based on ISS' policy guidelines.
- Develop an understanding of corporate environmental and social
sustainability issues; including human rights, animal welfare,
climate change and greenhouse gas emissions, corporate political
contributions and lobbying, and sustainability reporting.
- Develop an understanding of governance issues, including board
of directors, shareholder rights, audit issues, compensation, and
- Engage as needed with representatives from corporations,
institutional investors, and other market players.
- Answer internal and external queries on research analyses, and
discuss policies and vote recommendations as appropriate.
- Perform other research-related work and duties as
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, a self-driven work
ethic, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a
high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment and
communicate with various internal parties
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends during peak weeks
(approx. March through June)
- Bachelor's degree or higher, plus relevant work experience
preferred in business, corporate social and environmental issues,
or other corporate fieldsAdditional Information
- We cannot sponsor work authorizations for this short contract;
however, we can work with the school requirements for OPT/F1
(provided the work authorization is obtained prior to January 2022)
- We are currently working remotely; however, we are seeking
candidates who can commute to our local office locations when we
begin transitioning back.
- This is an hourly paid position.
- This position requires the ability to work over-time
potentially, including weekends, during peak weeks (generally late
March - June).
Keywords: Institutional Shareholder Services, Rockville , Environmental and Social Research Analyst (temp)*, Professions , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!