Senior Index Business Analyst
Company: The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc
Posted on: April 8, 2021
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring
process, please contact us at Careers@Nasdaq.com . The Senior Index
Business Analyst will be responsible for providing expertise on
highly complex projects spanning multiple areas to produce business
solutions which address the needs of Index Administration and
Operations as well as the International Organization of Securities
Commissions (IOSCO) regulations. This position will become a
subject matter expert in key business processes and will work
closely with the Index Operations and Technology teams providing
business analysis support through the project development
lifecycle, including: requirements gathering, business process
improvements (BPI), solution alternatives, system and user
acceptance testing and the development of supporting documentation.
With this position we offer In joining this team of highly talented
financial technologists, this role will support project management
in driving key decisions with the stakeholder group and project
team to gain agreement on project requirements, scope, and business
process changes. Additionally, this role will assess the
capabilities of the Index business to understand the change needed
to meet business needs, increase operational efficiency and achieve
strategic goals. Your role and responsibilities This position
requires an experienced professional and self-starter who can
independently facilitate requirements gathering sessions, influence
peers and project stakeholders, and take a hands-on role in the
day-to-day project operations. Key responsibilities of this role
- Requirements Gathering: Independently interact with business
and technology partners of varying levels to ensure clarity of the
problem/opportunity and elicit business requirements. Researches,
interprets, modifies and develops requirements and specifications
for solutions that meet business objectives.
- Business Process Improvement: Assists the Index Business
Manager in identifying and pursuing business process optimization
opportunities in order to achieve a higher level of operational
efficiency across the Index business.
- Documentation: Developing and maintaining project documentation
including requirements work plans, requirements specifications, use
cases, testing plans and user acceptance test cases according to
standard project development lifecycle methodologies ensuring
business expectations related to scope are established and
- Testing: Overseeing and executing test cases for the Index
Operations systems. Partnering with the Technology team to resolve
issues discovered during testing and ensuring the systems are ready
for production release.
- Troubleshooting and Problem Resolution: Keeping tasks on track
and ensuring the documentation, prioritization, and migration of
risks. Identifying problems, determining accuracy and relevance of
information; using sound judgement to generate and evaluate
alternatives and make recommendations.
- Meeting Facilitation: Leading requirements gathering sessions
and user acceptance testing sessions with the team, business
partners, and stakeholders to reach desired outcomes. We expect you
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Business, Information Technology,
related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- At least 8 years in the business/information technology field
working as a Business Analyst is required.
- Must have relevant experience working with a project
development lifecycle methodology (preferably both Agile and
- Experience utilizing collaborative communication skills and
establishing productive working relationships across multiple
- Proven project/program experience on moderate to complex
- Ability to work effectively with individuals/stakeholders at
all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and problem-solving
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills (especially in
navigating stakeholder expectations and scope creep).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in modeling business processes and proactively
recommending business process improvements in a clear and concise
- Demonstrated ability to translate functional requirements into
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to
moderate to complex problems and recommend the best solution to the
business and/or project team.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with business resources
to provide timeline estimations for moderate to complex
- Demonstrated ability to perform user acceptance testing and
document issues discovered during testing.
- Flexible and able to learn quickly.
- Comfortable working with stakeholders of varying levels to
gather, document and analyze system specifications/requirements and
work closely with developers and testers in a fast-paced
- Demonstrated ability to use effective facilitation skills and
techniques to elicit requirements from a diverse range of
- Process oriented, logical thinker.
- Highly motivated self-starter with intellectual curiosity and
creative problem-solving skills.
- Well organized; able to prioritize and manage multiple,
time-sensitive projects at the same time.
- Nimble; demonstrated success and experience managing complex
issues to resolution within changing environments and shifting
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Visio or other process or flow
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite. It would be great if
you also have
- Previous Operational Business and/or Financial Services
industry experience is preferred. Does it sound like you? As the
selection process is ongoing, please submit your application as
soon as possible. We will get back to you in short order. Nasdaq is
an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications
from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age,
color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected
by applicable law. Posted 2 Days Ago Full time R0007437 About Us
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a global technology company serving the
capital markets and other industries. Our diverse offering of data,
analytics, software and services enables clients to optimize and
execute their business vision with confidence. To learn more about
the company, technology solutions and career opportunities, visit
us on LinkedIn , on Twitter @Nasdaq , or at www.nasdaq.com . Nasdaq
is a technology company, rewriting the future of global economies
and markets by unlocking capital and opportunities through our
technology, innovation, and expertise. With industry-shaping
insights, unrivaled intel, and cutting-edge financial technology at
our fingertips, we don't chase the opportunities of tomorrow - we
Keywords: The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc, Rockville , Senior Index Business Analyst, Professions , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!