Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Charles E Smith Life Communities
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Are you interested in working for a mission driven organization?
Are you interested in working for an organization that continues to
grow and is dedicated to providing top quality services to its
customers? If you are seeking a role that offers you the
opportunity to serve as a leader throughout the organization while
allowing you to grow personally and professionally, consider a
career at Charles E. Smith Life Communities. Charles E. Smith Life
Communities (CESLC), Maryland's leading provider of long-term care,
independent living, and assisted living services is searching for a
reliable, independent and motivated Senior Financial Analyst. Those
who are looking to join a highly motivated, growing health facility
are encouraged to apply for this position. The Senior Financial
Analyst assists the Senior Vice President, Finance/CFO with
assigned short, mid and long term projects related to operational,
strategic and business development goals. These projects include,
but are not limited to, (1) the quantitative analysis of financial
and statistical data needed in daily operations, planning, and
budgeting, (2) process/procedure reviews including recommendations
and related implementation, and (3) preparation and presentation of
various reports including forecasts/projections, trend analysis,
variance analysis and project planning, status and results. The
Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the onboarding and
completion of projects within assigned deadlines, budgets and
quality requirements. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes financial, operational, and management data to
interpret and report upon the financial results of business
- Develops complex financial models for financial planning,
assessment of current and future business opportunities, and
- Develops, analyzes and reports upon forward looking forecasts,
projections and budgets.
- Develops analytical findings (concerning accounting, budgeting,
cash management and other financial operations) into
recommendations to address risk areas, improvement opportunities
and/or facilitate efficiencies. Develops project plans and leads
implementation of assigned procedural improvements recommended
internally or through external consultants and auditors.
- Reviews and develops documentation for the Finance & Accounting
department and other areas as assigned, including, but not limited
to, user policies and procedures, user guides and manuals, and
training materials. Identifies procedural deficiencies, gaps and
omissions in existing processes, practices, and policies and
- Identifies, develops, maintains and regularly reports upon
- Supports the monthly financial close to ensure timeliness and
accuracy. Reviews accounting transactions for data accuracy and
proposes corrections as needed during month end close.
- Develops, prepares and analyzes monthly historical financial
data trend analysis including identification, research and
communication of favorable/unfavorable and expected/unexpected
trends, related implications and recommendations.
- Prepares insightful and concise action-oriented commentary and
analysis to accompany all deliverables including reports, trends,
forecasts, budgets, financial analyses, etc.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective
relationships across the organization to understand the business
and the primary drivers, goals, and the needs of partners and
- Keeps abreast of professional and regulatory changes and
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
including, but not limited to, month-end close, variance analysis,
and operating and capital budgeting. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or
- 5 years of corporate financial analysis and planning
experience, or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to present complex analysis with clarity, and must be
able to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong financial acumen and analytics skills with a high degree
of proficiency in data mining and forecasting model
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial processes, US
GAAP and internal controls.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to support
the preparation and presentation of written briefs and summaries
for internal communication.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to actively source and retrieve data from various host
systems such as Great Plains, Ceridian DayForce and Point Click
- High level of attention to detail when preparing results and
- Demonstrated project management experience in planning,
executing and maintain a project from start to finish.
- Ability to anticipate, adapt, and meet rapidly changing
business needs and priorities that require quick refocusing and
prioritization or projects or tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate peers towards common goals
by setting priorities and working within deadlines.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to think
strategically, as well as tactically.
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus. Why choose
Charles E. Smith Life Communities?
Our Best in Class Total Rewards
package includes market leading compensation and benefits,
including affordable, high quality health coverage through
Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield and a generous paid time off
package with annual carryover.
Keywords: Charles E Smith Life Communities, Rockville , Senior Financial Analyst, Professions , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!