Part-Time Budget Analyst
Company: GAP Solutions Inc
Posted on: March 27, 2020
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS PART-TIME, 20 HOURS PER WEEK, 6 MONTH
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE (MAY EXTEND).Position Objective: Provide
services as a Budget Analyst in support of the overall functions of
the Office of Mission Integration and Financial Management (OMIFM),
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
(NIAID).Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of Commitment Bases used in
constructing Operating Plans and Presidents Budgets.
- Assist with the preparation of Initial Operating Plan for the
year of execution.
- Provide guidance and assistance with the preparation of
quarterly updates of the Operating Plan during the year of
- Provide assistance in the preparation of the Presidents Budget
to be included in NIAIDs Congressional Justification Submissions
- Provide assistance Updating and Monitoring NIAIDs Planning and
Execution data system (Checkbook) and track variances of actual to
- Assist in the preparation of Allocation Memos for Extramural
- Review, analyze and recommend approval of Realignment
- Provide assistance in the preparation data for Large Grant and
Commitment Base Exercises.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of actual vs projected
expenditures on a continuing basis during the End of Year process
to assure efficient use of budgeted funds.
- Assist in the preparation of Preliminary Plans as required by
OAR each year.
- Provide guidance in the preparation of updates on Commitment
Bases, Budgets, Plan Tables (Preliminary Plan components) as
required by OAR.
- Provide guidance and assistance in the preparation of
Presidents Budget to be included in OARs Congressional
Justification Submissions each year.
- Assist in the preparation of actual financial results as
required by OAR each year.
- Provide assistance in maintaining and updating the AIDS Mission
Plan with the following:o Actual year end resultso Realignments of
fundso Projections of spending based on future budgetary
assumptionso Detailed extramural spending plans for current and
future years generated by the annual RIC cycleso Data from various
multiyear financial models that provide data used in the Mission
- Provide assistance in the generation and maintenance of the
multiyear financial models that flow into the Mission Plan.
- Provide guidance and assistance in the preparation of Mission
Plan Scenarios based on a variety of long-range variables to inform
year of execution spending levels.
- Provide guidance and assistance in the preparation of ad hoc
Mission Plan reports as requested by Institute and Division of AIDS
- Bachelors Degree required
- Candidate should have education and experience in both
budget/management and Biological SciencesMinimum Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with
non-technical and technical staff.
- Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills with
the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects.To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.*This job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
by this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.GAP Solutions provides reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you
need an accommodation to apply for a job us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to reference the requisition
number of the position in which you are interested. Your message
will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you.
Please note, this email address is only to be used for those
individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails
for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition
number will not be returned.GAP Solutions is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age,
national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition,
military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or
perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender
expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic
information, or any other legally protected status or
characteristics.This position is contingent upon contract
award.Requisition ID: 3651
Keywords: GAP Solutions Inc, Rockville , Part-Time Budget Analyst, Professions , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!