Core Systems Administrator
Company: NIH Federal Credit Union
Posted on: November 24, 2022
We are looking for more than just an employee, we are looking for a
true team member dedicated to enhancing the member experience! Come
join the credit union movement and Discover Banking With Heart at
NIHFCU! Be a part of our team where commitment to members with
exceptional service and banking solutions that enhances their lives
is our mission. If helping people and making a difference appeals
to you, this is the place for you! At NIHFCU, one of our core
values is investing in our employees, which is why we offer perks
like these: --- Benefit Package for all Full time employees
includes health, dental, vision, Life insurance benefits --- 401(K)
and profit sharing --- Tuition Reimbursement --- Career Advancement
and development --- Credit Union Membership with discounted
services and products. General Summary: This position will have a
flexible work schedule with remote work options and in person
shifts at the Rockville HQ location a few times a week. The Core
Systems Administrator (CSA) provides technical leadership and
support in the maintenance and administration of Core-based
systems, which consist of the core processing system (the Core),
vendor interfaces, third-party products and services, hardware
infrastructure, and related peripheral devices. Configures,
monitors, and supports the day-to-day operations of Core-based
systems. Supports the activities of the IT Department and Support
Desk, providing Tier-2 and 3 support for staff. Serves as database
administrator of SQL-based systems, and facilitates reporting,
archive, and retrieval using available software tools. Provides
technical assistance and leadership in support of strategic
projects and goals. Utilizes system and organizational knowledge to
make technical decisions and facilitate problem resolution. Major
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership in the maintenance and
administration of the Credit Union's core financial application
(the Core) and related systems, ensuring that the daily operations
of Core-based financial systems are running effectively.
- Assists in ensuring the integrity and performance of the core
system database; resolves database performance and capacity issues,
and application issues related to batch posting, general ledger
reconciliation, and payments processing.
- Serves as database administrator of SQL-based systems, ensuring
procedures are developed for ensuring the security and integrity of
- Administers and monitors the job scheduling system to ensure
successful completion of routine scheduled tasks.
- Designs, develops, and modifies custom reports and application
enhancements using available software tools.
- Serves as administrator of UNIX and LINUX-based systems,
coordinating with vendor for primary support; proficient in
system-tuning and shell scripting.
- Administers, maintains, and provides application support of the
document management (EDM)system, ensuring that processes are in
place for the proper storage and retrieval of archived
- Supports the activities of the Help Desk as a Tier-2 and Tier-3
resource. Monitors Help Desk records to be sure that relevant user
requests are addressed, escalated as appropriate, and resolved in a
- Performs root cause analysis and decision making with regard to
critical client and team member tickets and issues.
- Coordinates with vendors on the upgrade and maintenance of
supported systems, including but not limited to, database and
application patches, version upgrades, configurations, test
environments, operating systems and conversions.
- Assists with performing the daily, monthly, quarterly and
yearly operations of the Corelation Keystone system. This includes,
but is not limited to, notices, share-drafts, ACH, yearly tax
processing, and special reports.
- Facilitates the maintenance of software and hardware for all
workstations and servers under the responsibility of the Core
- Serves as a member of the Disaster Recovery Team. Duties
include revising contingency plans, preparation and maintenance of
the hot site, facilitation of all tests, as well as other related
business continuity tasks.
- Researches and responds to internal inquiries and provide
support for mission critical hardware, software and applications.
Responsible for monitoring various systems for error conditions
Education and Experience:
- Required- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working
with various functions of operating client server technology and
peripheral equipment in an operations center.
- Required - A minimum of three (3) years SQL experience and a
minimum of three (3) years UNIX O/S experience.
- Experience with Jaspersoft preferred.
- Knowledge of data processing procedures and familiarity with
financial institution operations.
- PC skills should include strong hardware and software knowledge
and ability to troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems.
- Familiarity with project planning methodology. NIHFCU is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against
employees or applicants basedon race, color, religion, sex/gender,
national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected
by law. PM18 PI194958494
Keywords: NIH Federal Credit Union, Rockville , Core Systems Administrator, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!