SBA Credit Officer
Company: Capital Bank MD
Posted on: November 18, 2022
The AVP, SBA Credit Officer has primary responsibility for managing
a staff of Credit Analysts for the Bank's SBA Loan division. The
role is responsible for ensuring that SBA loan originations and the
credit renewal/modification/extension pipelines are managed
efficiently and effectively (within agreed upon metrics) in order
to provide customers and SBA/Commercial Lenders with a seamless
loan process. The role is the primary escalation point for all
questions and issues that are brought forward by the analyst team
and for SBA/Commercial Lenders that the team supports.
- Provides Management and Leadership to SBA Loan Origination
process and Renewal/Modification/Extension of the Bank's SBA Loan
- Provides Credit Memo drafting as a primary function as well as
support to the Lending Team in terms of financial and collateral
spread and analysis.
- Confirms eligibility for every SBA loan to be underwritten.
Maintains a process for timely underwriting all SBA loans in
accordance with the SBA SOP.
- Assists with regularly scheduled SBA Loan Committee (SLC)
meetings and is a voting member of the SLC.
- Works closely with the SBA Credit Officer and the bank's Chief
Credit Officer on the development of the SBA loan process within
ABRIGO. Creates and implements proper processes and work-flow to
ensure a consistent and replicable process is in place.
- Develops and writes procedures for the SBA loan processes and
- Keeps on top of industry best practices and is constantly
looking for, proposing, and implementing new technology to enable
better internal customer service and accuracy.
- Provides quality service to internal managers through personal
and business financial statement analysis utilizing internal and
external technology and resources relative to SBA based lending
- Interacts with management and board committees relative to
overall credit risk assessments and analysis.
- Attends customer meetings, calls and participates in conference
calls when appropriate to obtain a better understanding of the
nature of the business and the purpose of the credit
- Ensures all risk ratings are appropriate and updated as
- Works with SBA, as well as, internal and external
auditors/reviewers to ensure adherence to policies, procedures and
- Manages performance of the SBA credit analyst team and conducts
performance reviews within the processes of the Bank.
- Identifies ongoing training needs of the team and works with
the VP, SBA Senior Credit Officer to create strategies to correct
deficiencies as needed.
- Mentors and coaches analysts within the team to help develop
- Works with the analysts to solve complex credit issues and
ensure that the final work product is in line with the Bank's
- Participates on miscellaneous special projects or assignments
Minimum Education & Experience
- 5+ years' experience commercial underwriting and analysis in
SBA, CRE & C&I.
- Thorough knowledge of the SBA SOP's covering SBA Lender and
Development Company Loan Programs and Servicing and
- Proven experience managing a loan pipeline and
- Previous team lead/supervisory experience.
- Ability to coach, mentor, develop and lead a team of
experienced loan analysts.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Microsoft office software suite (Word, Excel,
- Statement Analyzer (within ABRIGO) or similar financial
statement analysis software experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly analytical in nature.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver accurate results within
established service level timeframes.
Ability to travel as needed.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of
management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to
implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the
bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be
accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and
regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for
completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out
those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all
duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job
duties may be changed at anytime at management's discretion. The
job description is not intended to create contractual obligations
of any kind.
Capital Bank, N.A. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Capital Bank MD, Rockville , SBA Credit Officer, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!