Lead Business Loan Underwriter - Remote
Company: NIH Federal Credit Union
Posted on: September 13, 2022
We are looking for more than just an employee, we are looking for a
true team member dedicated to enhancing the member experience! Come
join the credit union movement and Discover Banking With Heart at
NIHFCU! Be a part of our team where commitment to members with
exceptional service and banking solutions that enhances their lives
is our mission. If helping people and making a difference appeals
to you, this is the place for you! At NIHFCU, one of our core
values is investing in our employees, which is why we offer perks
like these: --- Benefit Package for all Full time employees
includes health, dental, vision, Life insurance benefits --- 401(K)
and profit sharing --- Tuition Reimbursement --- Career Advancement
and development --- Credit Union Membership with discounted
services and products. GENERAL SUMMARY The Lead Business Loan
Underwriter will have a strong focus on commercial Conventional and
Government-Guaranteed Loans (such as SBA 7(a), SBA 504, and SBA
Express) for the purposes of real estate, equipment, business
acquisition, and working capital. The Lead Business Loan
Underwriter is responsible for maintaining their Department and
assisting Business Lending from Origination to Servicing. MAJOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extract financial from various forms of personal and business
financial documentation and non-financial data from various
information systems to determine appropriate depth and format of
- Evaluate Borrower and Guarantor's financial capacity,
experience, and qualifications for the proposed loan request.
- Underwrite and analyze financial statements and federal tax
returns, including cash flows, business ratios, and performance to
develop assessment of strengths and weaknesses pertaining to a
Borrower's past and proforma operation.
- Perform collateral analysis as needed to ascertain proper
alignment with internal credit policies.
- Collect and maintain industry data, research industry-specific
information from external sources, including conversations with the
Borrowers, industry publications, credit agencies, and market
analysts. Must be able to interpret compiled data and provide
recommendation for program and portfolio enhancements.
- Prepare complex commercial credit analysis in proper format,
context, and program (i.e. Conventional, SBA 7(a), SBA 504, or SBA
Express) involving a full complete narrative, financial analysis,
S&W analysis, and recommendation in the form of a submission
presentation to Senior Management.
- Establishes and maintains credit files for each relationship.
Ensures that Member's credit analysis information, such as loan
documentation, financial statements, tax information, credit
history from trade references, and correspondence, comply with
naming protocols and placement when incorporated in the credit
- Provide constant and consistent feedback to Business Lending
Team Members involved in the processing, closing, funding, and/or
servicing of loans.
- Perform annual loan reviews of existing business relationships
to monitor compliance with loan conditions and NIHFCU Member
Business Lending Policy; ensuring compliance with loan covenants.
The annual loan review includes evaluation and support for
necessary risk rating adjustments.
- Effectively communicate the underwriting and analysis progress
to Senior Management and the Team Members to ensure commercial loan
requests are being reviewed efficiently and any potential missing
information is outlined and reported back to the Origination
Officer. Members must receive timely and efficient decisions, and
all approved transactions are expedited and successfully phased
into the next process of the Business Lending Department.
- Provides support to management in the development and
implementation of special reports and/or special projects to
maintain a sound commercial loan portfolio.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, with minimum of
ten (10) years' experience in commercial lending with minimum of
five (5) of those years' experience specific to SBA lending.
- Experience with a credit union background is desired.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and eligibility governing
business lending practices across multiple programs.
- Knowledge and proficiency of commercial financial analysis and
ability to underwrite to NCUA and SBA guidelines/eligibility to
provide sound loan recommendations.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Superior expertise with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and
other software. NIHFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does
not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race,
color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or
any other category protected by law. PM18 PI189906563
Keywords: NIH Federal Credit Union, Rockville , Lead Business Loan Underwriter - Remote, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!