Consumer Lending Advisor
Company: NIH Federal Credit Union
Posted on: August 4, 2022
We are looking for more than just an employee, we are looking for a
true team member dedicated to enhancing the member experience! Come
join the credit union movement and Discover Banking With Heart at
NIHFCU! Be a part of our team where commitment to members with
exceptional service and banking solutions that enhances their lives
is our mission. If helping people and making a difference appeals
to you, this is the place for you! At NIHFCU, one of our core
values is investing in our employees, which is why we offer perks
like these: --- Benefit Package for all Full time employees
includes health, dental, vision, Life insurance benefits --- 401(K)
and profit sharing --- Tuition Reimbursement --- Career Advancement
and development --- Credit Union Membership with discounted
services and products General Summary: This position will have the
flexibility of working remotely and in the office each week. The
Consumer Lending Advisor is responsible for providing exceptional
service and personalized consultative approach to current and
potential members, identifying the individual needs and presenting
lending solutions and products that meet their goals and deepen
relationships. Manage member inquiries and referrals, generated
from various business channels, marketing leads, third party and
own personal referral network. Proactively solicit new lending
business, educate members about NIHFCU loans and ancilary products
that will enhance their financial situation, and meet or exceed
established production goals. Major Duties and
- Actively manage inquiries, referrals and assigned leads, and
connect with members within 24 hours.
- Consult with individuals to identify financial objectives,
provide personalized and consultative approach, and advise of the
best lending and product solutions.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities to enhance the members'
relationship with the Credit Union, meet or exceed the established
productivity and service standards.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with existing and
- Provide exceptional member service, convey confidence and
presence, create urgency, overcome objections and identify the best
solutions with a superior telephone etiquette.
- Remain positive and focused in a fast-paced, time sensitive
environment, and in challenging situations.
- Discuss loan scenarios, product specifics, pricing, ancillary
products and lending requirements, and assist members with loan
- Keep accurate tracking and log member interactions/contacts
within the lending system to ensure accuracy and understanding for
others reviewing the application, and for tracking purposes.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of NIHFCU's lending programs,
guidelines, procedures and regulatory requirements. Demonstrate a
commitment to professional ethics, comply with all compliance
policies, regulations and requirements.
- Proactively provide feedback and make recommendations for
- Consistently achieve or exceed individual goals.
- Other duties may be assigned. Requirements:
- Two or more years of experience in sales and outbound calling
in lending or financial institution.
- Experience with mortgage and home equity loans preferred.
- Solid understanding of loan products and lending guidelines,
and familiarity with financial terms, practices and
- Excellent communication (oral and written), telephone and
- Highly detailed and organized with the ability to multi-task
and work in a fast paced environment.
- Friendly, outgoing and highly motivated individual, with an
accomplished ability to consistently exhibit an understanding,
knowledgeable and communicative nature and who desire the
opportunity to assist our members in achieving success in their
financial lives and can help NIHFCU continue to make a
- Experience with Loan Origination Systems, Outlook, Internet and
Microsoft Office. NIHFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does
not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race,
color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or
any other category protected by law. PM18 PI186335404
Keywords: NIH Federal Credit Union, Rockville , Consumer Lending Advisor, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!