Veteran & Family Peer Navigator
Company: EveryMind Inc.
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Job DescriptionWant to make a difference? Come be a part of the
amazing work EveryMind is accomplishing!EveryMind is hiring a
Veteran Peer Navigator with the ServingTogether program. This
individual is responsible for receiving, prioritizing, and triaging
clients (veterans, service members, and their family members or
caretakers). The Veteran Peer Navigator identifies and provides
information about and referrals to local, regional, and national
resources and is knowledgeable on services available locally and
regionally. Must have familiarity with military culture, structure,
and services.Why Join EveryMind? EveryMind is a growing private
independent nonprofit organization with 145 employees across 20
locations. We have served the community for almost 65 years by
strengthening communities and empowering individuals to reach
optimal mental wellness. We were recognized as a Top Place to work
in Montgomery County, Maryland by Bethesda Magazine. EveryMind is
consistently recognized for being an excellent place to work,
offering a positive workplace culture and a competitive
compensation package that is meant to provide a great lifework
balance.Our competitive compensation package includes:
- A Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K matching benefit
- Highly Generous Leave Schedule (Vacation, Sick, PTO, Volunteer
days, Mental Health Days, Holidays, Birthday leave, and much
- Pay Increases
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Referral Bonus Program
- Sensible Caseload management
- Employee Discount Program
- A great place to workSome of the ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Responsible for answering calls and managing caller requests
for resources, services, and information; provide thorough
follow-up and outreach to ensure successful connection to
- Maintaining client database software to track caller
information, requests, case notes, resource provision, and
- Responsible for managing multiple call requests and resource
referral follow-ups at one time.
- Coordinating caller's social, behavioral, and physical health
needs with community-based resources to decrease duplication of
resource referrals and increase access to services.
- Developing extensive knowledge of National Capital Region
military and veteran resources and services, in addition to other
local, regional, and national resources – both public and
- Assisting in ongoing identification and documentation of
available local resources for military, veterans, and their
families and existing gaps in community services.
- Supporting ServingTogether Managers and Director with outreach
and engagement as needed.
- Other ad-hoc projects and duties may be assigned. Education &
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related human services
field strongly preferred.
- Masters in Social work or related field is preferred.
- Efficient team leader with 2-3 years supervision and management
experience strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years experience providing case management and conducting
training is preferred.
- Experience transitioning service members, veterans, and spouses
are encouraged to apply. Skills Required:
- Familiarity with military and veteran population and related
services is required.
- Experience providing outreach and engagement is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to
express ideas with clarity, confidence and sensitivity.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while working effectively
as a team player.
- Provide excellent customer service to those seeking
- Must have strong communication, coordination, and
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
Suite, Zoom, Teams, and other technology platforms.
- Experience with conducting intakes, data collection, reporting
procedures and database management are also critical.
- Effectively interact with a variety of constituents including
service members, veteran, family members or caretakers,
volunteers/interns, paid staff, and community partners. Must
respect and maintain confidentiality involving clients.Work
Location:The primary office is in Rockville, MD; 1099 Contractor
position is currently Hybrid/Remote.Physical Demands:The physical
demands described here represent those that an employee must meet
to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
this job's duties, the employee is frequently required to stand,
walk, sit, use hands to finger dexterity, handle with hands and
arms, climb stairs, balance, kneel, crouch, or talk and hear. The
employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
frequently. The job's specific vision abilities include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.Working
Conditions:The work environment is representative of that which an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.The employee must be available to perform the duties of
the job mostly during core business hours (between 9-5pm, M-F),
some flexibility with schedule may be available (evening and/or
weekend hours). Employee will work mostly on-site but may work some
hours remotely with approval of supervisor. The employee must pass
a criminal background check. Certain job functions may require
employee to pass a child sexual abuse and other criminal activity
as well as a credit check. All staff providing services to staff or
clients, must be free of illegal drugs and abuse of alcohol, and
must be fully able to perform all required duties at all times.The
employee is also required to travel to different locations.
Therefore, the employee must possess a valid driver's license and
have access to a vehicle.Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for
this position. New hires must be fully vaccinated by the first day
of work. (Accommodations may be made for Medical or Religious
reasons). If not vaccinated employees must undergo weekly COVID-19
testing. The option for weekly testing is only for certain
positions. Please note that many EveryMind contracts and programs
require Full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. If
accommodations are needed, please contact the HR Department.
Keywords: EveryMind Inc., Rockville , Veteran & Family Peer Navigator, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!