Employee and Labor Relations Specialist
Company: Business Management Associates
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Business Management Associates, Inc. (BMA) Integrating People
and Process Through Service, with a strategic emphasis on
integrating people and process, and proven, documented project
management methodology for internal and external management while
maintaining a strategic and financial focus on an organizations
most important component it's people;
"Love Thy Customer; Love Thy Work; Love Thy System"
Business Management Associates (BMA) is seeking an Employee and
Labor Relations Specialist who has extensive knowledge of; Title 5
of the Code of Federal Regulation, Part 752 - Adverse Actions;
Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 432, "PERFORMANCE
BASED REDUCTION IN GRADE AND REMOVAL ACTIONS," Federal Labor
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
* Assist the Designated Official (DO) for the anti-Harassment
policy, in ensuring that employees are informed of the harassment
policy and the procedures in connection with reporting harassing
* Receive allegations of harassing conduct reported in accordance
with Section VII of the anti-Harassment policy.
* In coordination with DO, determine whether an allegation falls
within the jurisdiction of the policy or otherwise interpret and
and implement the policy.
* Refer allegations received under the policy of the Office of the
Inspector General (OIG) for possible investigation.
* In coordination with the DO, provide advice and guidance for the
agency's managers and supervisors on implementing interim measures
to protect alleged victims of harassing conduct pending the outcome
of the inquiry and to ensure that further harassing conduct does
* Maintain confidential records of allegations of harassing conduct
brought under this policy under the direction of the DO.
* Conduct prompt, fair, and impartial inquiries into allegations of
harassing conduct. This may include, but is not limited to,
determining witness list, conducting and summarizing interviews,
preparing declarations, collecting documents, reviewing, ect.
* Upon completion of the inquiry, provide a complete, appropriate
and thorough written findings memorandum in the format provided by
* Inform all persons reporting allegations that filing a report of
harassing conduct under this policy does not satisfy the
requirement to initiate an EEO complaint, a Merit Systems
Protection Board (MSPB) appeal or a grievance; nor does it delay
the time limits for initiating those procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Knowledge of Labor and Employee Relations programs.
* Ability to make fair and impartial independent decisions in a
* Vast knowledge and experience of EEP principles, laws and
* Exceptional skills in counseling, investigations, negotiation,
and conflict resolution techniques.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree and (10) years of related Employee and Labor
At BMA, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual
respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all
applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex,
national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth, physical
disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a
Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered
domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex
stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition
(including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS
related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws. BMA complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which BMA has facilities. BMA
believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is
critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit,
develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse
Keywords: Business Management Associates, Rockville , Employee and Labor Relations Specialist, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!