Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Dovel Technologies is actively searching for a Senior Systems
Engineer to support our on-going Federal Grants Management
This position is currently remote and will eventually transition
back to our Rockville, MD office after COVID-19 at which point
telecommuting 2 to 3 days a week is acceptable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Patching of Linux, Windows servers, and COTS
- Server and software configuration, support, and tuning
- Maintenance of Configuration Baselines & Ecosystem security
- Monitoring and managed GSE Cloud environment
- Analysis of security scanning reports and POAM management
- Automation of repetitive security-related activities
- Review of COTS products and keeping software up to date
- Off hours and on-call support
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and
minimum 5 years of experience working with Linux operating systems
or the equivalent combination of education, experience and
- Experience working as an AWS server Administrator in a Windows
2012 or higher environment, and RHEL7 or higher.
- Experience supporting high-availability networks in
load-balanced, n-tier application environments.
- Deep understanding of Virtual Machines and core Cloud
- Deep Understanding of Amazon Web Services.
- Understanding of its basic and advanced services such as:
- IAM and custom JSON policies
- Securing communication between services
- Understanding of network structure and components
- Load balancing (basic understanding)
- Strong understanding of IT security principles, such as:
- Role based access
- Multifactor Authentication
- Access Lists
- Bastion Hosting
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain
expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve
complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a
rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit,
customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency
missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to
advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to
develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of
innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow
you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to
keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options
like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs,
we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care
Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or
transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you
covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance
Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs,
company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and
have your voice heard.
You may also Apply directly at Careers - MSC - Systems Engineer in
Rockville, Maryland - Careers at Rockville (icims.com)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to
diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics,
are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status.
Keywords: NSS, Rockville , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!