Business Development Executive - FDA / NIH
Posted on: June 13, 2022
ResponsibilitiesPeraton drives missions of consequence spanning
the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As
the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative
enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly
differentiated national security solutions and technologies that
keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to
essential government agencies across the intelligence, space,
cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets.
Every day, our 22,000 employees, Do The Cant Be Done, solving the
most daunting challenges facing our customers.Peraton is actively
searching for a Business Development Executive with customer
knowledge of the FDA and NIH, along with an understanding of their
challenges and how to win, grow, and develop new business at FDA
and NIH. The position is located in or near Rockville, MD. This
position will focus on growing a pipeline and leading the growth of
both an FDA and NIH pipeline. A successful candidate will operate
as an integral member of the growth team, partnering with
operational and functional leaders across the company. The selected
candidate is responsible for developing broad knowledge of
customers and competitors while maintaining dynamic market
awareness. He/she will evaluate market trends and develop business
cases that align customers requirements with Peratons capabilities
and discriminators. -Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
the following tasks:
- Create, identify, develop, and qualify opportunities that align
to the companys strategic campaigns that result in meaningful and
measurable revenue growth.
- Achieve acquisition and sales goals through winning new
- Develop and maintain an active strategic growth plan, and the
associated pipeline, in alignment and consistent with corporate
campaign strategy and goals.
- Interface with customer and partner communities for assigned
- Build customer relationships through effective
- Develop strategies to "shape" requirements and acquisition
- Identify and target new business markets, adjacencies, and
- Embrace the Peraton Business Acquisition Process in daily
activities, and effectively manage and communicate all the
opportunities and plans for management and technical teams.
- Assist in guiding potential customers by demonstrating
solutions, capabilities, and potential acquisition paths for early
stage opportunities, working with internal technical and program
management teams to develop responses for requests for information
(RFI), market surveys, white papers, presentations, briefings, and
major event demonstrations.
- Travel may be required, as dictated by business
- A Bachelors degree and 12 to 15 years of experience, to include
a minimum of 8+ years of business development experience within the
HHS segment or related field; 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9
years with Ph.D.
- Experience leading large $50M+ business pursuits through a
business acquisition process going through opportunity
identification, qualification, and capture phases.
- Proven success with the business acquisition process, from
identifying an opportunity through pursuit, program startup and
ongoing program execution. -
- Highly effective communicator to all levels within the company
and with clients.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance; US Citizenship
- Understanding and knowledge of IT services and solutions
including Software Modernization, Cyber, Data Analytics, and
- Relationship with FDA and NIH Agency leadership and strong
connectivity to industry partners serving this portfolio.
- Detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written
communications skills, leadership skills, and organization
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member.
- Acts as a Strategic Partner, Trusted Advisor.
- Business/financial management expertise.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies.
- Leadership skills in directing pursuit and/or delivery
- Highly developed consultative approach, solution selling and
business development skills.Peraton OverviewPeraton drives missions
of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest
reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability
integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver
trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and
technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a
valued partner to essential government agencies across the
intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state
and local markets. Every day, our employees do the cant be done,
solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.For
Colorado ResidentsColorado Salary Minimum: $106,537.60 Colorado
Salary Maximum:$227,739.20 The estimate displayed represents the
typical salary range for this position, and is just one component
of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other
rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term
incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton
provides a variety of benefits to employees.
Keywords: Peraton, Rockville , Business Development Executive - FDA / NIH, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!