Company: People Encouraging People
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The successful candidate that will be selected to join a dynamic
and growing team of professionals will provide training in
substance abuse prevention and sobriety maintenance, incorporating
a 12 step focus and must be CAC certified and/or have ADT Trainee
Status in the State of Maryland. Must be able to work with
individuals with co-occurring mental illness and/or substance abuse
in the community as well as in groups. This position also will
provide transportation to and from community activities and AA/NA
meetings. Developing monthly activity calendar identifying
community resources to support sobriety and resources.
Please apply for immediate consideration. Responsibilities
- Perform drug screens when necessary.
- Complete the required documentation, which includes, but not
limited to individual treatment plans and progress notes.
- Organize and facilitate social and recreational activities
appropriate for ACT clientele.
- Provide case management for an assigned group of clients
including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the
individual treatment team; assume responsibility for developing,
writing, implementing, evaluating, and revising overall treatment
goals and plans in conjunction with the ITP; provide individual
supportive counseling; assist in symptom management, ensuring
immediate changes are made in the treatment plans as client's needs
change. Educate and support client's families, and advocate for
client rights and preferences.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of all domains of a person's
- Provide on call crisis intervention when assigned covering
nighttime and weekend hours.
In addition, the Substance Abuse Counselor:
- MUST be CAC CERTIFIED or hold TRAINEE STATUS with Maryland
Board of Professional Counselors.
- HAVE A VALID MD DRIVERS LICENSE.
Keywords: People Encouraging People, Rockville , Addiction Counselor, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!