Supportive Housing Case Aide
Company: The Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Supportive Housing Case Aide (Full-Time)General Description:
Provides daily living and life skills support to 15 medically
vulnerable homeless individuals identified through the 100,000
Homes Campaign in their own apartments. Drives residents (in own
vehicle) to appointments and community locations as needed. This
position is part of a multi-disciplinary team comprised of a
full-time Case Manager and part-time Nurse.Essential Duties and
- Assists resident with securing an apartment and coordinates
- Assists residents with problem-solving, daily living and life
skills tasks. Provides social support and a "listening ear" for
- Monitors safety of residents during home visits and
communicates any concerns to Case Manager.
- Documents interactions with residents via progress notes.
- Acquaints client with the location of neighborhood
- Arranges and provides transportation for residents to
physician, social service, outpatient treatment appointments and/or
to community resources (i.e. grocery store, pharmacy, and clothing
- Provides emergency intervention in response to hostile
situations and crises and follows protocol to address emergencies
to include contacting the Case Manager, Program Director or calling
911 when applicable.
- Facilitates and prepares for group activities and outings with
- Participates in regular staff meetings and organization's staff
- Other related duties as assignedRequired Knowledge, Skills, and
- Bachelor's degree in human services-related field desired. Will
consider combination of qualifications equal to educational and
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to write routine reports and documents.
- Ability to solve problems, negotiate and deal with a variety of
- Knowledge and experience in administering CPR and minor first
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
Keywords: The Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless, Rockville , Supportive Housing Case Aide, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!