Company: NTT DATA
Posted on: September 7, 2021
Req ID: 139331
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and
passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be
part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization,
We are currently seeking a [[Facilities Specialist]] to join our
team in [[Rockville]], [[Maryland]], [[United States]].
NTT DATA is seeking a well-rounded, proactive Furniture
Specialist/Space Planner. This position supports the National
Institutes of Health with systems furniture and demountable wall
reconfiguration request evaluations, assessments of client needs
and requirements, space planning, furniture specification and
installation drawing preparation, and project coordination
expertise for routine work-space reconfiguration and adjustments to
Administrative (office) and lab spaces. The candidate will provide
leadership in furniture/demountable wall planning, space planning,
project coordination, technical drawing and specification reviews,
furniture integration with building systems and RCPs (reflected
ceiling plans), and quality assurance support to the various
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assess end-user needs; develop planning sketches and test-fit
options consistent with Client space and furniture standards;
prepare Design Intent Drawings, specifications (BOMs) for systems
furniture and demountable wall re-use and/or new purchase, cost
estimates, scopes of work, project schedules; provide
- Provide technical Planning and Project coordination support
including, but not limited to:
- Coordination of existing base building conditions (RCP/MEP/TED)
with FF&E elements (demountable walls, systems and freestanding
furniture) and supporting technology requirements
- Conducting site surveys/field verification's for compliance
with approved CDs and shop drawings, advise on acceptance of space,
develop punch lists, monitor to completion
- Managing documents and project records including base
building/FF&E finish binders, project binders, summary reports,
and project metrics consistent with OWS records management.
- Prepare Independent Government Estimates (IGE's) for budget
planning; review price proposals and related contractors bids, as
- Provide quality assurance of construction documents,
shop/installation drawings, bills of materials and other documents
for compliance with DID's.
- Monitor furniture procurements and lead times, interior
build-out and installation schedules to ensure compliance with
project schedule and budget; track action items.
- Mentor and assist in the professional development of junior
planning staff to increase technical, analytical, communications
and presentation skills.
- Inform and communicate with the OWS Federal point-of-contact
assigned to each task.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background
security investigation and may need to meet eligibility
requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or
Permanent Residents preferred.
- 5-10 years' experience with Government clients/projects
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Systems furniture specification and installation experience;
demountable wall experience is a requirement. Knoll, Kimball,
Trendway systems furniture and/or Transwall demountable walls
experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in programming, systems
furniture/demountable wall space planning, specifications, graphic
design, budgeting, scheduling and installation oversight
- Lab planning experience
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills (verbal and
- AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Word and Excel required
- LEED credentials and professional licensing is a plus
- MS Publisher, CAP20/20 and other software experience is a
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider
specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a
comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure
and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of
companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to
race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Consulting, Cloud, Testing, Quality Assurance, Technology
Keywords: NTT DATA, Rockville , Facilities Advisor, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!