Senior DevOps Engineer
Company: Dovel Technologies
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are actively searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer to
support our on-going Federal Grants Management program. Dovel
manages a shared services platform (of over 1500 Federal Grant
programs demonstrating a new model of how agencies and departments
across the Federal Government work together to eliminate
duplication of services leveraging cutting edge technology) -- that
runs like a business (managed services) consisting of 10+ software
products and a full spectrum of support and consulting services to
help Federal Agencies maximize the value of their grant
investments. GrantSolutions also supported over $60B in Covid grant
awards last year and continues this year (CDC, ACF, HRSA, ACL,
ASPR, HIS, OASH, ONC).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Cloud development pipelines using Jenkins, Cloud
Formation, Puppet and other tools as appropriate
- Support containerization technologies such as Docker and
Kubernetes, other technologies
- Script and automate system tasks to reduce manual repetitive
work using Terraform, Puppet and other technologies as
- Experience supporting Java applications on Tomcat
- Participate in production software deployments working closely
with other members of the production support group to ensure the
proper transition of system changes into the production
- Perform general technical trouble shooting & give consultation
to development teams
- Report issues to management & work to identify root cause of
Linux system related issues
- Create & maintain technical documentation including system
diagrams & operational procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5 Years of job related
- Prior experience supporting AWS Cloud infrastructures.
- Prior experience supporting a Linux environment.
- 3 years prior experience with tool such as Jenkins, Terraform,
Docker, Puppet etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve application and system
- Experience in Amazon Cloud (AWS) using EC2, S3, VPC and other
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
The proposed salary range for this position is $108,008 to
$162,012. Final salary will be determined based on various factors
such as geography, experience, certifications, etc.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain
expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve
complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a
rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit,
customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency
missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to
advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to
develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of
innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow
you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to
keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options
like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs,
we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care
Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or
transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you
covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance
Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs,
company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and
have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to
diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics,
are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status.
Keywords: Dovel Technologies, Rockville , Senior DevOps Engineer, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!