Posting Date May 25, 2021
Job Number 21049614
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, 5701
Marinelli Road, Rockville, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW
Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with
more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so
that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott
Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium
choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your
skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the
future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio
and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities
and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our
associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be
happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience
unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a
true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates
opportunities for training, development, recognition and most
importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the
way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.
Entry level management position that focuses on supporting the
day-to-day activities of Rooms Operations of areas that include
Housekeeping, Recreation. Laundry, Staff, AYS and Concierge/Guest
Services. Position assists in working with employees to carry out
guest arrival and departure procedures and to maintain the
property's cleanliness standards. Strives to ensure guest and
employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the guest
services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and
Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or
related major; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk,
housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting the Management of Rooms Operations Activities
- Opens and closes Front Desk shifts / Housekeeping and ensuring
completion of assigned shift checklist and other duties.
- Runs and reviews critical information contained in room
- Understands the functions of the Recreation. Laundry,
Housekeeping, Bell Staff, AYS, Front Desk and Concierge/Guest
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reporting
- Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
- Understands night audit procedures and being able to comprehend
and utilize reports as necessary.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and
- Communicates performance expectations employees in accordance
with job descriptions for each position.
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Effectively schedules employees to business demands and tracks
employee time and attendance.
Contributing Information to Support Managing to Budget
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue
and property occupancy.
- Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue
- Uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports
as needed to assist in the management of the Room Operations.
- Participates in the management of departmental controllable
expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Understands the impact of Room Operations on the overall
property financial goals and objectives.
Providing for and Managing the Guest Experience
- Assists in the investigation of employee and guest
- Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to
ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use
to recognize guest preferences and
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and
service levels; effectively responding to and handles guest
problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction
results with employees.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We
believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.