Ingleside at King Farm (IKF,) located in Rockville Maryland, is
a not-for-profit, continuing care retirement community central to
the award-winning inter-generational King Farm community. IKF
consists of 368 Independent living apartments, 32 Assisted Living
Apartments, 32 Memory Support Assisted Living Apartments and 45
Skilled Nursing beds.
We offer small town living just a short ride from the Nation's
Capital. Inside our walls, residents find a stress-free lifestyle
with a variety of cultural arts, wellness activities and amenities
to choose from.
We have a proven record of success! IKF consistently maintains a
5 Star CMS rating and we are CARF certified! We have achieved
certification as a Great Place to Work based on team member
feedback in areas relating to trust, culture, and the meaning
derived from their jobs. Join our team and be a part of the
Ingleside offers competitive salary plus commission and
comprehensive benefit plans that include Medical, Dental and
Vision, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401k with matching and 3-year vesting.
We also offer onsite CPR, Well-being Model and Certified Dementia
Ingleside at King Farm has an exciting opportunity for as our
Sales Counselor. The primary responsibility for this role is
counseling prospective residents about the Ingleside community and
the various residential options available to achieve independent
living sales, new apartment and wait list deposits to meet and
exceed occupancy goals. Additional duties include support of and
participation in a variety of marketing events onsite as well as in
the larger community.
The ideal candidate is someone who is a forward thinker, an
innovator and one who can sell our life style and residences, and
one who is excited about the future of Ingleside at King Farm. If
your career goals and passion for seniors is in line with ours,
Ingleside at King Farm is the place for you. We would be honored to
review your resume and cover letter in hopes that you join our
- Contacts potential residents daily and markets services offered
by the Ingleside community.
- Conducts 15+ daily sales calls to potential residents while
utilizing the Enquire software. Logs all calls made into
- Conducts 5+ weekly interviews and tours of potential residents
as appropriate. Sets time and date of tour as well as any necessary
travel required. Follows up with prospective resident to ensure all
parties have been notified of the interview and tour.
- Promotes Ingleside independent living accommodations inside and
outside the community by speaking at local organizations, churches,
and civic groups with the Director of Sales Healthcare
- Writes marketing letters to prospective residents as well as
outside community groups and clubs. Logs all outgoing letters into
Move In Assistance
- Assists Move In & Transitions Manager in arranging details of
the new resident. Maintains a positive relationship with current
and future residents.
- Presents applicant paperwork for future move-in to the Sales &
Marketing Coordinator for processing. Ensures all resident and care
agreements have been properly filled out and all information is
accurate and complete.
- Follows up with new move in of each resident.
- Addresses questions and concerns of the new resident and
answers to the best of their ability. Completes a follow up with
the resident to ensure all concerns have been resolved and the
proper information has been presented.
- Completes all final paperwork for processing.
- Continues relationship with resident after move-in has been
completed. Serves as a source of retirement and/or counseling
information to the resident as appropriate.
Performance and Professionalism
- Maintains professional presence when representing the Ingleside
community; exhibits degree of professionalism consistent with
standards in performance, behavior, and appearance.
- Maintains resident confidentiality and privacy at all times
according to policies and procedures; uses discretion when
discussing confidential matters.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior with residents,
families, co-workers, subordinates, supervisors, and other
- Maintains positive working relationships with management and
coworkers; willingly follows directions and requests as
- Demonstrates professional development/skills competency in all
- Participates in in-service, projects, or committees as
- Maintains all certifications necessary for employment.
- Demonstrates flexibility, open mindedness, and versatility in
adjusting to changing environments and requirements as
- Commits to continually improving his/her skills through
participations in education opportunities whether offered on the
job, within, or outside of the community, to increase knowledge of
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional customer relations
skills and strong written and verbal communication abilities.
Bachelors degree in a Marketing or related field, one (1) to three
(3) years sales counseling experience required; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Must have knowledge of
sales/ marketing techniques and the ability to build relationships
with clients. Incumbent should be able to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and
oral form, possess high-quality verbal and written communication
ability, strong customer service skills, be knowledgeable on
sales/marketing techniques and be available for travel or weekend
work. Must be proficient in the operation of computer applications
such as Microsoft Office Suite applications and Enquire.
As an employer committed to Equal Employment Opportunity,
Ingleside recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all
job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic
information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected
- Due to the large number of applicants please DO NOT call to
check on the status of your application. Hiring managers will
review all applicants and contact those that are the best