Postdoctoral Fellow, R&D
Company: Champions Oncology, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job classification: full-time, salary-exempt
Location: Rockville, MD
Champions Oncology provides an end-to-end range of research and
development solutions and services that improve the productivity of
the oncology drug development. Using in vitro, in vivo and in
silico testing platforms, biopharma can leverage the experience and
expertise at Champions Oncology to help guide decision making for
the effective therapeutic development.
The successful candidate will drive projects surrounding the
development of novel cancer research platforms that enable the
discovery of mechanisms underlaying sensitivity profiles to
therapeutics. This is a two-year fellowship, which will enable
independent research projects, with a focus on platform
development, and provides exposure to commercial strategies of
R&D. The program will prepare the postdoctoral fellow for a
successful industry career in biomedical research. Key
responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Establish novel primary patient-derived primary ex vivo models
for solid malignancies
- Design and implement appropriate viability and phenotypic
endpoint ex vivo assays to quickly test functional outcomes for
drug candidate screen in patient-derived models
- Evaluate and characterize ex vivo and in vivo patient-derived
tumor models with respect to tumor microenvironment and
- Deliver experimental data packages validating and
characterizing cancer mechanisms of therapeutic relevance in a
- Effectively communicate with partner groups at Champions to
coordinate and execute in vivo assays, molecular profiling, and
- Stay current on the advances in the field to identify
opportunities for the adoption of new appropriate technologies and
areas of scientific interest.
Qualifications and Skills
- Medical Doctor or Doctorate (MD or PhD) in biological/medical
or oncology disciplines.
- Strong background and broad knowledge in the cancer biology and
mechanisms, especially related to drug resistance and tumor
- Strong translational research experience required, including
assessments using primary specimens and/or patient-derived ex vivo
- Strong experience with designing and performing in vitro and ex
vivo tumor immunology assays.
- Experience with organoids or other 3D models is preferred, but
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This description reflects management's assignment of essential
functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action
Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees
Keywords: Champions Oncology, Inc., Rockville , Postdoctoral Fellow, R&D, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!