Posted on: June 6, 2021
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research
services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses,
foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research,
technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located
at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington,
Westat has an immediate opening for an administrative
professional to join our health studies group to work with a
multidisciplinary team of researchers focused on prevention
research and other related areas of public health. This position is
located at the client site in Rockville, Maryland.
- Coordinate recurring and ad hoc meetings for a new team focused
on advancing prevention research in health equity.
- Plan in person and virtual meetings, and other events,
requiring the coordination of multiple calendars and ability to
address questions from a variety of stakeholders.
- Provide program and project support including development of
standard operating procedures, database creation, resource library
creation, data mining, and documentation editing. Project
management support will also include extensive note taking,
identification of action items, virtual meeting development using
various platforms (WebEx, Zoom, etc.), and communication with
various teams and individuals across NIH.
- Develop or modify PowerPoint presentations for use by senior
- Serve as a back-up, as needed, to other program support staff
in the office.
- High school diploma or GED with some college coursework, and 14
years' of administrative experience is required.
- Experience supporting virtual meetings.
- A Bachelor's degree.
- Strong note taking and writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, as
well as various project management platforms (such as MS Teams,
- Proficient in online collaboration tools and calendar
The successful candidate must be highly organized,
detail-oriented, able to take initiative, and able to manage
multiple projects and competing demands simultaneously. Strong
written and verbal communication skills and good interpersonal
skills are essential.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program
focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status,
sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender
identity or expression, or any other protected status under
Keywords: Westat, Rockville , Administrative Assistant, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!