Company: Supernus Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: June 6, 2021
To provide analytical support for solid dosage pharmaceutical
forms, primarily by using dissolution testing, spectroscopy, HPLC,
wet chemistry, and by maintaining log books and performing data
management/report writing as necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing analysis of pharmaceutical dosage forms and raw
materials (includes but is not limited to dissolution testing,
spectroscopy, HPLC analysis, and wet chemistry) in an analytical
- Maintaining lab notebooks and log books in accordance with
company guidelines designed to comply with cGMP.
- Performing data management/report writing assignments as
- Development and validation of analytical methods.
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Calibration of laboratory instruments.
- Performing chemical inventories.
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- Minimum BS in science degree; Chemistry degree is
- 0+ years relevant pharmaceutical analysis experience is
- Detail oriented, strong laboratory documentation skills is a
- Knowledge of HPLC and dissolution testing is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in pharmaceutical documentation and
- Communication skills in English language (writing, speaking,
- Basic computer skills - knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel,
and LIMS is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of being innovative and dynamic in approach to
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards of integrity and
- Capable of performing other duties as assigned by
- Dependable, Good Communication skills, able to work
independently and collaborate with a team.
- Most important techniques to know are HPLC, dissolution, GMP
(understanding of SOPs, regulations, documentation).
- Prefer 6 months of GMP experience.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Position may requires prolonged sitting, prolonged standing,
balancing, stooping, bending, and crouching; the ability to push,
pull, drag and/or lift up to 20 pounds; normal manual dexterity and
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and extensive
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse
- Will be required to work in a clean and/or sterile laboratory
environment occasionally, and wear personal protective equipment to
include but not limited to: gloves, safety glasses or goggles, face
shields, lab coats, aprons, ear plugs and dust masks.
Supernus Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Rockville , Chemist, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!