Junior Tableau Developer
Company: Dovel Technologies
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Do you have an interest in developing systems, software, and
processes that will enhance how government agencies and departments
If so, we'd like to speak with you about our Tableau Developer
position supporting a new program/customer initiative. Work
location is currently remote during the pandemic, but will
eventually be Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Tableau Developer will support a large government program in
Rockville, Maryland, (www.GrantSolutions.gov). The Developer
- Utilize Tableau to design, develop, enhance and support Tableau
visualizations including highly interactive dashboards, scorecards
and reports with drill down to detail and analysis pathways to
other supporting reports.
- Build and publish customized interactive Tableau reports and
dashboards as well as manage extracts and refresh schedules using
Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- Execute data queries across multiple data sources in support of
business intelligence reporting needs.
- Participate in QA testing, liaising with other project team
members and being responsive to client's needs, all with an eye on
details in a fast-paced environment.
- Evaluate requirements and recommend solutions that align with
- Work with the product owners to understand business/functional
requirements and roadmap/timeline for delivery.
- Participate in design reviews and brainstorming sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related major or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience in database design, data warehousing, SQL,
and reporting solutions.
- 1 year of Tableau development experience.
- Experience in creating clean, insightful dashboards using
- Solid understanding of data management concepts - data
processing, analysis, visualization, security and discovery.
- Experience in developing low-latency, reliable reports;
designing with data visualization best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and plan their own work, while
aligning with project priorities and changes to priorities.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain
expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve
complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a
rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit,
customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency
missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to
advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to
develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of
innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow
you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to
keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options
like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs,
we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care
Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or
transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you
covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance
Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs,
company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and
have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to
diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics,
are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status.
Keywords: Dovel Technologies, Rockville , Junior Tableau Developer, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!