Sr UX Designer
Company: Lurn, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Role: Sr. User Experience Designer (Local / DC Area)
Location: Rockville, MD
Lurn, Inc is an online eLearning platform for entrepreneurs with
1 million active subscribers that aims to empower, encourage and
educate entrepreneurs. We are also a Washington Business Journal
Best Places to Work company and have won several Comparably
Our growing Product & Engineering team is looking for a Sr. User
Experience Designer to lead, discover, design and plan
user-centered and straightforward UX solutions and UI designs for
our eLearning platform and commerce solutions that will help
improve how entrepreneurs learn and grow with us. The candidate
should be passionate about resolving user pain points through
- In this role you will closely partner with Marketing, Product,
Sales and Operations teams to understand, formulate and define user
experience strategy and UI designs, and collaborate with
Engineering teams to plan roadmaps.
- As we move past strategy you will be responsible for planning
and designing User Experience and User Interface design
improvements working closely with Stakeholders across various
departments. As part of this you will define, plan, share and
develop UX improvements, UI Designs and best practices.
- User behavior changes and we are always adding new features. To
ensure we meet customer expectations you will also monitor the
quality and impact of User Experience improvements, always looking
for ways to improve the customer experience of our web and mobile
experiences at Lurn.
This role is critical to our digital product strategy and
execution. You will impact direct impact on the educational
experience of thousands of entrepreneurs by bridging the gap
between design and technology as a design technologist.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions for both
web and mobile applications.
- Partner with stakeholders early and regularly to convert their
ideas into user experience / design concepts and plans
incorporating customer service feedback and technical
- Lead design discussions, ideation, workshops, brainstorming,
and solutioning with stakeholders. Includes: Marketing, Sales,
Content, Customer Service, Product Management, and engineering
- Conduct research, conceive, sketch, prototype, and test user
experiences for data-heavy web applications such as eLearning
platforms and purchasing/ checkout systems.
- Proactively perform industry research and competitor analysis
to create UX improvement plans for Lurn
- Develop and deliver wireframes, user journeys, mockups,
prototypes, style guides, and design specifications optimized for a
wide range of hardware devices and interfaces.
- Create and conduct demos on user journeys, mockups, and other
deliverables to the development team, business stakeholders, and
- Take a user-centered design (UCD) approach to develop UX
solutions. Rapidly test and iterate designs without slipping the
- Conduct usability tests on each application, module, web page,
or feature on the web applications and create a report showcasing
your findings to the management.
- Be passionate about all things in user experience and other
areas of design and innovationresearch and showcase knowledge in
the latest trends and technologies from time to time.
- A minimum of four years experience in UX and UI designing using
best practices and a deep understanding of mobile-first and
- Prior experience in developing a UX/UI framework for mid to
large size organizations is a plus.
- The candidate should have excellent knowledge of user-centered
design (UCD) and design UX solutions to reduce maintenance costs
and improve end-users productivity.
- Communicate clearly and effectively on the design processes,
ideas, and solutions to the development teams, business
stakeholders, and product management teams.
- Hands-on experience in planning and conducting user research,
usability testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic
analysis, and identifying accessibility concerns.
- Deep knowledge of modern design and prototyping tools,
including Photoshop, Figma, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Axure,
- Experiences working in a collaborative and distributed
- Have an open mindset to receiving and sharing feedback.
Now lets talk about whats in it for you and what
Lurn will do for you
First of all, we have an amazing award-winning culture. We work
like a family and we empower everyone to manage their jobs, tasks
and teams in their own way. No micro-management here. We encourage
you to take chances and grow fast.
We are a Washington Business Journal Best Places to Work company
and have won the following Comparably Workplace Awards:
- Best Company Culture
- Best Company Leadership
- Best Company for Women
- Best Company for Diversity
We strive to ensure that our employees have the best experience
possible (while still remembering that you are at your job). Here
are the benefits we offer:
- Health/Dental/Vision/LTD all paid for by the company except a
small portion of your health insurance, and $250,000 of life
insurance for each team member that can be converted to whole life
at your discretion
- 401k - We contribute 3% of your TOTAL compensation, that is
mandatory per our plan, not a company match !
- 20 days of PTO that starts accruing the day you start!
- 10 Holidays including two floating holidays you can use as you
- Virtual and in person sponsored work events
- Company-provided laptop and monitor for use throughout your
- Silicon Valley style Lurn Center with a gym, nap room, and
- Fully stocked break room (Coffee, sodas, and snacks
- Company swag for you to show off your new company ;)
- A team that truly cares about you and your success!
Anyway, if all this sounds like your cup of tea then APPLY! We
look forward to hearing from you.
COVID-19 ALERT: We plan to remain entirely remote until
it is 100% safe to return to our office in Rockville, Maryland. For
as long as masks are required and stringent safety measures must be
in place simply to be in the same place for long periods, we will
operate remotely. We've successfully done this since March 16th,
2020 and are prepared to continue for as long as it takes. Nothing
is more important than the safety of our employees and the safety
of our community.
What's your citizenship / employment eligibility?*
Website, blog or portfolio:*
Tell us about your UX experience.*
Have you worked on both mobile apps and websites?*
Please share your portfolio to show your work (include password
I consent to be contacted over SMS/Text for this job.
Keywords: Lurn, Inc, Rockville , Sr UX Designer, Other , rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!