Manager, ENVIROMENTAL Health & Safety
Company: Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Summary:Assures that all applicable
departments are properly equipped and that personnel within each
applicable department are trained and supervised to perform their
duties safely. This is a newly created position with an opportunity
to enhance and create policies and procedures in line with
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs all environmental, health, and safety (EHS) efforts and
- Manages benchmark assessment ensuring proper controls
(engineering, administrative, and personal protective equipment
(PPE)) are developed, implemented, and maintained to protect the
staff and the environment from workplace hazards.
- Manages the development, implementation, and update of safety
policy, procedures, and manuals.
- Ensures compliance and reporting to federal, state, and local
municipalities; maintain records of all agency filings.
- Directs safety training and maintain safety training
- Manages emergency evacuation procedure, chemical inventory, Bio
Safety, equipment system, incident reporting/investigation
procedure, emergency response, medical surveillance, exposure
control plan, chemical hygiene plan, hazards communications, waste
management, personal protective equipment (PPE), safety
inspections, regulatory audits, etc.
- Assure that all departments are properly equipped and that
personnel within each departments are trained and supervised to
perform duties safely.
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- B.S. with 5+ years related experience
- EHS personnel Knowledge & Other Qualifications
- Experience in a biotechnological environment required
- OSHA 10/30 General Industry required
- Experience with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), current
Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) required Other Characteristics
- Experience with developing policies and procedures in regards
to Environmental Health and Safety
- Good computer and project management skills
- Microsoft Office experience preferred, including
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and
maintain high ethical standards of integrity and quality.
- Ability of having an innovative and dynamic approach to
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable
working in a team environment.
- Ability to consistently exhibit Supernus Values in interactions
with employees at all levels of the organization, vendors,
customers, and others.
- Capable of performing other duties as assigned by
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Travel
- Position may require prolonged sitting, and prolonged standing;
the ability to push, pull, drag and/or lift up to 10 pounds of
force constantly, with exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally and / or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to determine
the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, or
to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse
- Will be required to work in a clean and/or sterile laboratory
environment occasionally, and wear personal protective equipment to
include but not limited to: gloves, safety glasses or goggles, face
shields, lab coats, aprons, ear plugs and masks.
Supernus Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other
characteristic protected by law. #cb
Keywords: Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Rockville , Manager, ENVIROMENTAL Health & Safety, Other , rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!