Senior Manager, Intellectual Property
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To provide direction, strategy, and execution of Intellectual
Property activities including, but not limited to, preparing and
prosecuting patents and trademark applications, performing prior
art searches, and oversight of outside counsel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Focuses on chemistry-based inventions and interacts with staff
to assess research inventions.
- Participates in new invention disclosures, and prepares and
prosecutes patent applications.
- Conducts chemical structure searches and patentability, and FTO
- Performs prior art searches, and recommends and implements IP
- Licensing due diligence, IP assessment of new technologies,
oversight of outside counsel, managing and administering the IP
docketing and annuity payment system (CPi), management of annuity
payments, and management of IP files.
- Acts as primary IP liaison with internal departments,
third-party agencies, and organizations.
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- Minimum of BS degree, preferably MS or PhD, in a life-sciences
related field and 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech
- A post-graduate JD degree would be preferred.
- Must be registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trade
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products including
PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Project.
- Pharmaceutical patent knowledge, transactional experience or a
combination of law firm and biotech/pharmaceutical company
experience is required.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow-through documents such
as business correspondence, operating and maintenance instructions
and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with visitors and other
employees of the organization, including educating other employees
on IP issues.
- In-depth understanding of the administrative rules of the PTO
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills,
communication skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of CPi docketing and annuity payment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team dynamic in a
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or carrying objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer screen, iPad, or other electronic
device; and extensive reading
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards of integrity and
- Capable of being diligent, innovative and dynamic in approach
- Capable of performing other duties as assigned by
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa
Supernus Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Supernus, Rockville , Senior Manager, Intellectual Property, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!