Company: NIH Federal Credit Union
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Description: We are looking for more than just an employee, we
are looking for a true team member dedicated to enhancing the
member experience! Come join the credit union movement and Discover
Banking With Heart at NIHFCU!At NIHFCU, one of our core values is
investing in our employees, which is why we offerperks like
these:--- Benefit Package for all Full time employees includes
health, dental, vision, Life insurance benefits--- 401(K) and
profit sharing--- Tuition Reimbursement--- Career Advancement and
development--- Credit Union Membership with discounted services and
productsGENERAL SUMMARYThe Executive Assistant reports to the
President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with the responsibility to
support the Executive Team with planning designated activities and
managing assigned corporate initiatives. Responsible for
communication to and supporting the Board of Directors, the
Supervisory Committee and to facilitate assigned project support or
management. The Executive Assistant handles clerical tasks and
prioritizes correspondence, allowing C-level executives to focus on
decision-making and higher-level responsibilities. This position
also serves as a link between the Executive Team and the rest of
the staff, contributes to better overall corporate organization and
planning, and helps leaders to be more effective in their
respective roles.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a primary point of contact between the Board of
Directors and CEO.
- Serve as the administrator of the Board Portal and ensure it is
updated, accurate and information is easy to locate and new
business items are posted to it as directed by the Board
- Responsible of the creation of monthly Board packet and ensure
it contains all required regulatory documents
- Participate with and attend Executive Virtual Committee, Board
Governance and Strategic Planning Committee, and Board of Directors
meetings, manage meeting organization and associated logistics and
provide support to the CEO with documentation of meeting
- Planning events for the Board of Directors, Committee Members,
CEO, Executive Team and Senior Management Team. Researching venues
and creating cost analyses. Working with vendors, negotiating
contracts and being the primary point of contact to execute on the
key components of the event.
- Create and manage the Board of Directors and Committee Meeting
Calendar and other required governance management documents.
- Responsible for working with Risk Management to create and
maintain the Policy Control Record Book (master policy document for
- Provide support to the CEO for the convening of a range of
meetings on short- or long-term projects; and ensuring appropriate
and effective communications with the Senior Leadership team, as
- Assist the CEO in the developing meeting agendas and manage
priorities, workload, and discrete assignments for the CEO; ensures
the CEO is regularly apprised of deliverable progress and potential
challenges/delays. Ensure the necessary information is provided for
CEO to set priorities and needs.
- CEO and Executive Team support duties include: 1. Calendar
management 2. Create agenda and prepare the documents for Senior
Management Meetings 3. Prepare monthly expense report 4. Set-up
ad-hoc meetings as needed 5. Email management 6. Create or revise
- Preparing reports, memos, invoices, letters, and other
documents as requested. Filing and retrieving corporate records,
documents, and reports.
- Answering phones and routing calls to the correct person or
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review
and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and
- Communication/correspondence with special guests ; greeting
visitors and deciding if they should be able to meet with
- Using various software, including word processing,
spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and
distributing them as needed.
- Making travel arrangements for executives.
- Performing miscellaneous office duties that may include
ordering supplies and managing a records database.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming faxes, emails, and
other correspondence and provide general administrative
- The ability to be bonded.. Requirements: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- Three to five years of executive assistant experience,
preferably in credit union or financial institution
- Experience as a virtual assistant preferred, but not
- Experience supporting Board of Directors preferred, but not
required. Knowledge & Skill Requirement
- Ability to act as gatekeeper and escalate relevant information
to executives as needed, treat confidential information with
- Skilled in the use of standard office equipment (e.g., copiers,
business telephone systems, projectors, fax machines).
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite and Adobe
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, organize
a daily workload by priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing
- Superior reporting, scheduling, organizational,
time-management, presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Travel logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time, on budget
and with the approved scope.
- Superior critical thinking skills, including the capacity to
identify and appropriately assess and order competing interests and
priorities; A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong
- Adept at actively listening and collaboratively engaging with
partners across teams and programs, demonstrating genuine
appreciation for and understanding of partner ideas and inputs and
proven ability to collaborate closely with team members to
accomplish goals..NIHFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does
not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race,
color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or
any other category protected by lawPM18
Keywords: NIH Federal Credit Union, Rockville , Executive Assistant, Other , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!