Rockville , Maryland , United States | CTIS | Contract
2. Proven Experience in Maven/
3. On-site position, Remote potential
Designs, develops, documents, unit-tests, implements and deploys
web-based Java applications to support business requirements. Must
follow CTIS’ approved software development life cycle methodologies
including Agile, Scaled Agile (SAFe®) and all processes as
required Ability to maintain / enhance legacy and current Java
applications that are developed over period of time. Ability to
build and compile source code using ANT and Maven technologies.
Troubleshoot productions issues. Maintain and enhance both SOAP and
REST based web services.
A: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops overall architecture/ product design documents,
technical design specifications for individual modules and
technology justifications for architectural considerations.
Ensure integration of entire system or subsystem
Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to the helpdesk
and/ or maintenance team to help resolve technical issues with
production systems by debugging, research and investigation.
Design and Develop Java and J2EE based web applications using
Java frameworks as required by customer.
Design and Develop secure web services.
Create PL/SQL procedures, functions, triggers and associated PL/
SQL or SQL database scripts as needed.
Develop build packages using Maven/ Apache Ant.
Applies Java and Oracle standard coding practices and industry
Applies Section 508/ Accessibility Standards compliant software
B: QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
1. Minimum 3+ years of application development using J2EE
2. Deep understanding on Core Java technologies
3. Experience in Struts, hibernate and preferable on JSF
4. Experience on Web services
5. Proven working experience in Java builds leveraging ANT
6. Experience on any mainstream Java application server
7. Familiarity with Database queries preferable on Oracle
8. Experience with Java EE, Spring, Struts 2, Hibernate and
EJB is required.
10. Experience with Oracle Relational database, SQL, PL/SQL
11. Experience working in an Agile/ Scaled Agile (SAFe®)
environment is preferred.
12. Experienced in designing systems based on Service
Oriented Architecture principles. Knowledge of an Enterprise
Service Bus (ESB) is nice to have.
13. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
3+ years of recent experience with the following
technologies is required:
SOAP/ REST, XML, XSD, XLST, WSDL, JAX-WS/CXF
Struts 2/ Angular 2+
Spring 3.0, Hibernate
3-4 years of experience with the following technologies:
Oracle Database, SQL/ PL/SQL
JUnit/ JMock/ Selenium
NICE TO HAVE TECHNOLOGIES:
EJB and Gradle
Experience on Oracle BC4J , OC4J and Oracle App server related
Experience on Application securities and vulnerabilities
Experience cert base authorization and authentication
implementing web service technologies
Experience on Cloud technologies, Continuous Integration using
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS and/or MEMBERSHIPS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
This job requires interaction with scientists, program managers,
senior executives, end-users, programming staff, administration,
and support personnel. The ability to effectively communicate ideas
and concepts both orally and in written documents is critical.