Mindbank Consulting Group has an immediate need for a full stack
Senior Software Engineer to engage in the design, implementation,
and support of applications developed to address our research
projects across domains. You will continuously improve software
engineering practices, ensuring the craftsmanship, availability,
resilience, and scalability of your solutions. You will encourage
innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion,
and teamwork. We are always looking to integrate new technologies
where these can improve throughput, quality, or scalability. We are
looking for someone with industry proven software engineering
experience with a focus on CI/CD, etc. and who thrives in an
environment of constant learning.
Senior Software Engineer Responsibilities
• Lead the development of technical requirements, design,
architecture, and development within a CI/CD environment supported
by agile methodologies and automated test and deployment.
• Work with research staff and project directors to determine
needs and suggest innovative approaches.
• Your team will be responsible for building scalable, secure,
maintainable solutions on AWS or other cloud providers, as well as
• Engage with technology teams in design, development, and
support, while making significant contributions in tasks of
• Work collegially with a technical community of software and
data engineers supporting multiple projects. Take an active role in
continuous improvement of software development tools,
methodologies, and policies.
• Contribute to technical planning and assessment of technical
feasibility of solutions
• Develop using Agile, DevOps, AWS, Docker, Microservices,
NodeJS, Java, Spring, Python, and Spark.
Senior Software Engineer Requirements
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• At least 5 years of experience with programming languages such
as Java, C++/C#, or Python and open source technologies such as
Apache and Hadoop.
• At least 5 years of professional software engineering
practices for the full software development life cycle, including
coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build
processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with Spring Boot or Spring, creating user
interfaces using Angular2 or React Java APIs of ‘big data’
technologies such as Elasticsearch, Redis, and components of the
• Strong project experience working on large, cross-functional
projects with evolving requirements.
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong architectural and
• Candidates should have sound understanding of security
required by the Federal government (e.g. FISMA, Privacy Act).
• The ability to influence internal and external stakeholders is
• The ideal candidate will have experience working on complex,
multi-tiered applications assembled from micro-services.
• Candidates should have excellent written and oral
communication skills; strong collaboration and organizational
skills; detail-oriented and work well in a team environment.
Why should you work for Mindbank?
Mindbank has been providing business solutions to Fortune 1000
companies and government agencies for over two decades. We provide
IT Services Supplemental Staffing, Specialized/On-Demand
Recruiting, Supplemental Human Resources Services, Vendor
Management Solutions, and Outplacement Services.
Our nationwide presence offers consultants many interesting
assignments locally and around the country. As a Mindbank
consultant, you have choices. You advise us for which companies you
are most interested in working. We never submit your resume to any
company without your prior permission. You determine if you want a
full-time or a part-time position, or if you would like to take
time off between assignments. We want our relationship with you to
last; therefore, we listen carefully to your preferences and work
hard to match you with the perfect opportunity.
We also offer:
• Competitive Compensation
• Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
• 401K Plan
• Education Reimbursement
• Employment Options
• Market Strength – Quality Reputation
• Our Commitment to our employees and clients
Mindbank Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
gender identity, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected
veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual
with a disability.