Ashburn Consulting, a Small Business based in the Washington, DC
metropolitan area, specializes in providing network and network
security solutions in complex environments to a select set of
government and business clients. The company, an established leader
in its field, is composed of an elite team of engineers and
business consultants, each of whom is recognized —and highly
regarded—within the network and security communities.
Job Description We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer for a
direct hire opportunity in Rockville, MD. This individual will
possess strong understanding of Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls
and enforcing security policy, Network Address Translation (NAT),
Proxy solutions, F5 Load Balancers, Cisco and Juniper VPN and
Remote access solutions. A good understanding of network
communication and able configuring network devices (Cisco, Juniper)
This role requires someone with deep and proven technical
acumen. It requires someone with the ability to work and
communicate in a team environment and deal with complex
technologies and concepts.
· Able to enforce security policy by implementing firewall rules
on Cisco and Palo Alto devices, including NAT/PAT, and
next-generation firewall functionality such as web filtering,
malware prevention, and other vulnerability mitigation.
· Able to design, architect, and troubleshoot complex networks
with security devices within the path.
· Work with a team of engineers in support of a large complex
network and work to proactively design a solution that run
efficiently and are manageable.
Qualifications · Minimum qualification of at least 8-10 years of
experience with multivendor IP based networks.
· Cisco Network Device Configuration Experience
· Palo Alto and Panorama experience
· Expert level understanding of all layers of the OSI model
· Expert level understanding of IP routing and switching
· Load Balancing background utilizing F5
· Experience with Cloud based solutions (i.e. Azure, Amazon,
· Extensive experience with, but not limited to, the following
vendors: Cisco, Pal Alto, Fortinet, Juniper, Checkpoint
· Ability to multi-task and communicate complicated technical
issues across and upwards within management hierarchy.
· Detailed technical documentation/network diagram creation
Additional Information Able to pass a background investigate for
Dress code is business casual
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. An Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status