Mgr, Software Tax Solutions Specialist
Posted on: June 12, 2022
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a
community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and
courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to
learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's
Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious
and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
- Guide the direction, operations, and maintenance for SAP S/4 &
Thomson Reuters Onesource Indirect Tax Determination (TAX) Global
support, including but not limited to SAP S/4 Tax configuration,
Thomson Reuters SAP to Onesource interface (GlobalNext)
configuration, Onesource indirect tax configuration, and Analysis
for Office and Onesource reporting.
- Lead and oversee all software development and enhancement
projects and support for SAP S/4 TAX process thread.
- Execute complex build activities, integrate designs across
multiple technologies and projects.
- Design and manage a complex system testing environment. Confirm
supportability of implementation plans.
- Assist clients with configuration design decisions. Participate
in client meetings on subject matter expertise as appropriate.
- Monitor compliance to standardized procedures and best
practices and create new policies and processes as needed.
- Oversee complex decisions and make recommendations to
- Provide leadership with regular status updates and potential
- Go-to person for any issues or items around indirect tax. Lead
deployment discussions and activities.
- Work with offshore Technical Delivery Manager(s) to optimize
the development resource model.
- Manage daily progress and status of deliverables on
- Manage both internal teams and offshore vendor teams' project
delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- Responsible for defining and directing tasks of Specialists and
- Ensure that all project resources are focused on the effort
they are aligned to.
- Promote effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's
success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many
of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop
and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that
help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our
reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with
The -2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
- CommunicationsDeloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and
applications development team responsible for delivering
leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad
portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower
our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more,
anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals
through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business
lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale
design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics,
and innovative custom development.
Advanced MS Office skills; advanced proficiency in software
development lifecycle methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile, Kanban)
and architecture and technical design of enterprise solutions,
extensive functional/technical implementation experience with
SAP/S4 Tax and Thomson Reuters Onesource; advanced configuration
and design skills; working knowledge and significant experience in
defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements,
designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support
procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under
multiple deadlines; adept at implementing of software change
management processes and governance; technology-enabled business
solutions and customer interactions; experience in leading teams in
virtual environments on complex projects; superior problem solving
skills; strong written, leadership discussion and public speaking
Subject matter expertise areas include:
- Configuration and implementation of the structures and key
functionalities of SAP S/4 Tax and the Integration with General
- Configuration and implementation of Thomson Reuters
- Configuration and implementation of the Thomson Reuters SAP
Interface to Onesource (GlobalNext)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration
or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or
qualifications relating to Finance and accounting.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of in-depth experience in SAP,
solutions design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions is
required and of development/configuration in SAP areas such as Tax,
Purchasing and Sale and Distribution is required.
- Experience in full life-cycle SAP implementation and
development methodologies, agile project delivery is
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years of deep experience in
Finance and Accounting/Tax modules.
- Knowledge and experience in any one of the Indirect Tax
software solutions like Onesource, /Vertex/Taxware( Sovos)TaxJar,
Zytax, or Vertex
- Expert level understanding of sales and purchase transactions
including client and engagement set up, billing, purchasing and
more complex scenarios such as intercompany transactions.
- A good understanding of global taxation requirements and how to
translate those requirements into tax engine configuration.
- Working knowledge and expertise in Thomson Reuters indirect tax
components including GlobalNext, Onesource, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in handling all Onesource
configurations and enhancements relating to indirect tax
calculations and reporting.
- A good understanding of SAP tax accounting including all GL
account postings for sales and use tax.
- A good understanding of SQL and how to write SQL queries to
retrieve or modify data in a SQL database.
- Ability to train others in the strategic, tactical, and
end-user functions of Tax calculations and accounting
- Demonstrated experience working with business application
owners and development teams to document and clarify business and
user requirements and manage the scope of defined features and
functions during the project lifecycle.
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of mid to large
web/enterprise applications needed.
- Ability to adjust communications to both technical and
- Must have strong analytical abilities and presentation
- Demonstrated Experience in implementing quality guidelines,
standards and procedures, working with ITIL standards for
production support and working directly with clients and providing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and
cross-functional teams, and ability to coordinate across teams in a
large matrix organization environment.
- Be comfortable working in the Offshore/Onsite model with high
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the
Keywords: Deloitte, Rockville , Mgr, Software Tax Solutions Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!