Location Rockville, MD
Duration 3-6 months
Designs, documents, tests and modifies current and new software
development applications; reviews requirements documents and helps
to develop solutions in order to meet the business requirements.
Leads the effort in developing specifications and designs for
development projects as well as contributes to specific
Candidate must have a solid background in VB development, SQL
Server, TFS, .NET, and Web services, development is also part of
daily responsibilities. Agile implementation and BI tool experience
is a plus.
1. Contributes effectively as a member of the team; takes ownership
of individual assignments and projects.
2. Develops code and unit tests design solutions.
3. Participates in the administration of the ABCS TFS
implementation to manage development efforts.
4. Creates detailed designs performs analysis creates prototypes
and documents completed designs.
5. Performs Peer Code reviews to ensure quality of delivery and
6. Functions as task project or team leader when assigned;
represents the organization on project teams and may perform
technical project leadership roles while fostering teamwork and
collaboration within and across work groups.
7. Mentors and directs the efforts of more entry-level
8. Leads and participates in writing and reviewing software
functional specifications and design reviews.
9. Contributes to the development and achievement of ABTG
organizational goals and objectives.
10. Provides input for Software Development budgeting and
11. Provides third tier support when required.
12. Provides input for Software Development software and hardware
13. Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration
accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations
generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's
degree program or equivalent combination of experience and
education. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly
related and progressively responsible experience.
1. Thorough knowledge and understanding of business principles
processes and technology
2. Knowledge of physical database structures; ability to analyze
manage tune databases for performance; knowledge of relational
database concepts; disaster recovery; best practices
3. Good analytical conceptual and problem solving skills to
evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify
4. Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
5. Good leadership skills
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
good group presentation skills
7. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail We are an
equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all
qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected