Information Technology Lead
Company: Akira Technologies, Inc
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Akira Technologies, Inc., a certified Small Business and HUBZone
company is seeking an experienced Information Technology Lead and
Type of PositionThis is a remote position with periodic onsite
customer engagement in Rockville, MD and quarterly meetings in
Summary of Qualifications*** The right individual will have a
background working at the FDA ***Be an intermediary lead between
business partner stakeholders and IT technology teams to ensure the
IT modernization planning and activities meet the organization
needs. This position will support planning the roadmap of IT
modernization and elicit, document, and assimilate high-level
business requirements and strategic priorities. Responsible to
identify, capture, and plan the modernizations of systems and cloud
migration. Participate in technical design discussions and support
- Provide thought Leadership with extensive knowledge in legacy
modernization techniques related tools and approaches.
- Provide expertise to evaluate, architect and design existing
systems/applications and develop modernization/road-map
- Work with business SMEs, IT leadership, and other stakeholders
to evaluate legacy applications, processes, and develop
- Apply extensive technical expertise of related disciplines
e.g., understanding low code/no code solutions, applying SAFe,
Cloud based architectures etc.
- Apply long-term perspective to IT solutions by understanding
technical architecture development.
- Interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters
often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Lead initiatives by working closely with multiple technical
teams while being able to manage cross-team schedules, risks, and
communicating technical challenges.
- Participate in technical reviews by applying standards and
guidelines related to design and development.
- Provide suggestions for improving efficiencies and
- Help customers architect scalable and highly available
- Architect developing and modernizing customer
applications/systems to be cloud optimized.
- Work as a technical leader alongside customer business,
development, and infrastructure teams.
- Advise Cloud best practices.
- Lead projects and business requirements initiatives.
- Articulate ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers,
- Identify and discuss business priorities; drive the high-level
modernization analysis and planning for the IT systems and
- Understand best practices around advanced application
development solutions, and how to migrate and/or redevelop existing
programs so that they communicate and integrate effectively.
- Work with users and business subject matter experts to develop
high-level data exchange use cases and requirements.
- Elicit and document business process flows, functional and
non-functional requirements for business applications.
- Facilitate conversations with IT leadership and ensure common
understanding of priorities and requirements.
- Assist the business in defining data exchange activities
associated with new or changing processes and solutions.
- Produce documentation related to tracking progress towards
meeting requirements and associated risks and issues.
- Participate in technical design sessions and provide
recommendations for industry best practices for web services and
- Must be a leader that can drive project process/implementation
and be able to meet customer needs in a timely manner.
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that
involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and
- Analyze and suggest viable solutions and supports the work of
internal/external resources and business users.
- Be able to articulate and recommend technical solutions thereby
improving overall design.
- Plan and participate in meetings and create agenda and meeting
- Prepare and present project information and task details to
project team members and business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with integrated project teams to develop a standard
solution for data exchange.
- Hold oneself accountable for delivery.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across
various project teams.
- Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
- Follow established IT processes and communication
- Understand high-level requirements while not losing track of
the detailed requirements.
- Mentor junior team members with the assistance of PM and
- Promptly escalate issues, which affect product delivery and
quality that are beyond scope of influence.
- Adhere to company and project standards and guidelines.
- Communicate with non-technical people in terms of product
knowledge and technical processes to achieve company goals.
- Identify, plan, and delegate tasks to team members.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4 year degree (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years of implementation/consulting experience
- FDA experience highly desired
- Regulatory experience (HHS or other regulatory agencies)
- Extensive knowledge in IT modernization techniques and related
tools and approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT modernization disciplines e.g.,
understanding low code/no code solutions, applying SAFe, Cloud
based architectures etc.
- Experience working directly with customers and sr. leadership
- Experience being a trusted advisor and technical leader to
- Experience with legacy systems modernization and designing
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business and
technical challenges in an enterprise
- Ability to effectively engage and lead customer in long-term IT
modernization planning and analysis
- Ability to evaluate and plan applications migrations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business,
product, and technical challenges
- Proven track record of managing and delivering enterprise IT
solutions/services and to define and execute successful project
controls on large-scale projects
- Highly technical and analytical "Thought Leader" to represent
IT modernization discussions within customer's environment
- Understands technical architecture development and how to apply
long-term perspective to IT solutions
- Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps
practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous
Integration and automated deployment
- Have a strong understanding of technical standards and
- Ability to conduct effective interviews and interface with
multiple stakeholders in geographically dispersed locations.
- Experience in utilizing various methodologies and SDLCs,
including waterfall and agile
- Experience leading projects and teams across multiple
- Ability to plan and conduct meetings
- Ability to work collaboratively across several IT and business
- Must be able to manage time, work under pressure and deliver on
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Demonstrated experience in technical design discussions and
assessing Level of Effort for system development tasks
- Ability to review system design and integration documents and
- Demonstrated success in working within a matrix
- Read and validate data models and data flow diagram
- MS Office Suite (including Visio and Project)
- SharePoint and JIRA experience
- Demonstrated success in providing quality work products and
taking ownership of tasks
- Sound industry trends awareness
- Sound time management skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Easily adaptable to company culture
- Reside in a qualifying HubZone is a major plus. To see if you
qualify, please visithttps://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone
Akira is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Akira Technologies, Inc, Rockville , Information Technology Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!