Licensed Practical Nurse- Staffing
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: November 19, 2022
General Purpose:Provides effective and efficient patient care
under the supervision of a registered nurse and in accordance with
the patient's plan of care, applicable law and regulation, accepted
standards of nursing practice, payor requirements and Interim
HealthCare policies and procedures.Essential Functions:
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of
care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care.
- Recognizes and reports changes in the patient's condition to
the RN supervisor.
- Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting
healthcare related needs.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including
addressing patient's progress.
- Assists the RN or physician in performing specialized
procedures and duties.
- Assists the RN in carrying out the patient plan of care.
- Assists the client in learning appropriate self-care
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote
coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the
current plan of care.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office's Emergency Preparedness program, as
- Accesses protected health information ("PHI") necessary to
fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. - Access to use and
ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of a practical (vocational) nursing program for
LPN/LVN and has a current license as a LPN/LVN in the state(s) in
which he/she practices
- At least 1200 hours of experience as an LPN/LVN or completion
of the Office's preceptor program.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to perform and provide evidence of current CPR
certification for adults, children and infants.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport
patient.Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by
office from assignment to assignment.
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient
care per applicable law or regulation.
- Work is normally performed in patient's home, schools, or
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers or
palm, e.g., manipulate pen, syringes, vials, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job
functions and related activities that may be required.#CB
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Rockville , Licensed Practical Nurse- Staffing, Human Resources , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!