Director, Human Resources
Posted on: September 14, 2022
Director, Human Resources
TheEmmesCompany, LLC(Emmes) isa global, full-service Clinical
Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the
advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We
believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our
companyEmmes, which means truth.Through decades of experience, we
have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human
health benefits when truth is our compass.
OurCharacter Achieves Resultsculture is driven by five key
valuesthat guide our actions in the way we conduct research and
distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for
Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity.
Wearea trusted partner to clients who share our passion for
improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us!
You will be joining acollaborative culture that empowers
everyEmmesemployee from entry level through top executive to
contribute to our clients success by sharing ideas openly and
Director, Human Resources is directly responsible for the overall
administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource
functions of employee relations, employee engagement, talent
programs, and onboarding.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive
management for improvement of the organization's global policies,
procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and global employment
legislation and ensuresorganization's compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with U.S.
federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel
matters and provides oversight for global compliance.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies
and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is
- Provides oversight for global processes including performance
reviews, annual goal and objective setting, and new employee
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate on personnel
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in
carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for
- Supervises the staff for relevant areas of
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks
- Ensures timely and comprehensive performance evaluations with
direct reports, and for all staff within the department.
- Inspires and motivates all staff within the department to
maximize employee engagement and productivity.
- Establishes and supports career pathways for members of the
- Provides support to supervisors in department for handling of
performance problems when needed.
- Reviews salary and bonus recommendations for members of the
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or
- Ten years of progressively responsible human resources
management including human capital management experience with
demonstrated expertise performing at a Director level or similar
role in a global organization; clinical research/biopharma industry
- Proven ability to establish credibility with direct reports,
employees, and business partners and build consensus and achieve
goals through influence versus direct line authority.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to manage and
prioritize business activities while directing human capital teams
in a high-growth environment.
- Experience implementing strategic human capital programs and
tools from inception to completion.
- Knowledge of government regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required for
interfacing with all levels ofmanagement.
Emmes is a federal government contractor and requires all employees
to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to the extent permitted by
applicable law. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely
religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the
vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on
public health initiatives, both globally and in our local
communities with opportunities for volunteerism through ourEmmes
Carescommunity engagement program.We offer a competitive benefits
package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce,
- Unlimited Approved Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
- Maternal/Paternal Leave
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
CONNECT WITH US!
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action
employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment
practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic
information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: RPMGlobal, Rockville , Director, Human Resources, Human Resources , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!