Staff Accountant, General Ledger/Payroll
Company: Meso Scale Diagnostics LLC
Posted on: September 4, 2020
The Staff Accountant, General Ledger and Payroll will assist with
the monthly, quarterly, and annual close accounting processes,
which includes preparation of journal entries, general ledger
account reconciliation, and financial reporting. The position will
also be the primary back-up to the Payroll Supervisor for payroll
functions for domestic and international payroll. It is expected
the position will be approximately 70% general ledger and 30%
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepare journal entries with supporting documentation to ensure
accuracy and sufficiency of audit trail.
* Ensure accounting records are in accordance with Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and comply with financial
* Maintain familiarity with Meso Scale payroll systems and
processes and serve as the primary back-up for the Payroll
Supervisor for domestic and international payroll.
* Work with confidential data in an effective, professional manner
that maintains the integrity of the data and processes.
* Prepare monthly account reconciliations and validate the accuracy
and reasonableness of account balances.
* Research and resolve account discrepancies
* Provide appropriate supporting documentation for account
* Communicate frequently with the General Ledger Team to discuss
accounting or other issues that may impact the timeliness and/or
reliability of financial results.
* Assist with year-end audit preparation, ad hoc reporting, and
financial analyses as required.
* Provide information as requested for the Company's annual
* Work with others in Finance or other departments as needed to
identify and propose solutions to potential accounting issues.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
* Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience.
* Experience with enterprise resource planning, JD Edwards, a
* Experience with payroll and Ultimate Software desired.
* Certified Public Accountant or CPA candidate preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Strong accounting fundamentals
* Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Ability to document and adhere to accounting policies and
* High degree of integrity and commitment. Ability to handle
information of a confidential nature and ensure that such
information is secured and maintained in an appropriate manner.
* Effective time management skills and strong attention to
* Ability to work accurately and efficiently to meet established
* Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task, and work
independently while maintaining good communication with peers and
* Ability to identify and recommend changes to accounting processes
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Proficient in working with accounting systems and designing and
maintaining spreadsheets with a focus on Microsoft Office,
particularly Microsoft Excel.
* Ability to perform ad hoc reporting and other tasks as needed in
a demanding financial environment.
* Ability to maintain good working relationships with internal and
external customers, and display good interpersonal skills -
cooperative, courteous, flexible
This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange
information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and
move about the office.
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
Keywords: Meso Scale Diagnostics LLC, Rockville , Staff Accountant, General Ledger/Payroll, Human Resources , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!