Assistant Store Manager
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together
to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Selling Experience Leader (SEL) is the key driver for the guest
experience and leading a selling culture in the store. Through the
lens of Petco's vision of "Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better
World." The SEL is the champion and role model for all relationship
building touch points with Petco guests. The SEL will mentor all
store partners in the culture of selling and engagement to support
and drive the customer experience. The SEL assists the General
Manager in developing and managing a high-performing team that
consistently delivers top-line sales growth while maintaining a
focus on the welfare, health, and proper care of all animals; as
well as assists in managing all aspects of the store's business in
accordance with Petco operational standards and safety
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties
and responsibilities with or without a reasonable
* Responsible for successfully implementing a guest centric culture
in the store by leading in the following areas, as well as all
other projects/duties as assigned.
* Provide an outstanding guest experience with each
* Utilize a deep understanding of business acumen to measure,
analyze and diagnose business trends and to also utilize critical
thinking skills to effectively implement business improvement
* Lead store execution, training, communication and maintenance of
company initiatives, programs, policies, procedures, safety
practices, and promotions.
* Responsible for driving the implementation and execution of
customer-centric programs such as seasonal promotions and sales to
meet and exceed sales targets.
* Train, coach, and develop department level leaders and store
partners in all areas and functions required to run the store
efficiently and to Petco standards, including the effective rollout
* Leads a "never out of stock" culture with store partners to
ensure exceptional customer experience for all Omni-channel
initiatives (examples include, but are not limited to: BOPUS,
Extended Aisle, and Repeat Delivery).
* Ensure the weekly schedule is written effectively to maximize
operational and selling floor coverage.
* Manage and coach dog training partners in delivering a consistent
services customer experience aligned with our Petco Brand Standards
and Customer Promise.
* Promote a positive culture of teamwork by working alongside the
leadership team, establishing priorities, and providing clear
* Demonstrate and support a continuous improvement and growth
* Demonstrate a keen and genuine interest in all kinds of
* Perform other duties as assigned and assume responsibility as
Leader on Duty to drive selling engagement. Nature of Supervision:
General instruction is provided by the General Manager on some, but
not all tasks to be performed.
* The Selling Experience Leader is directly responsible for the
Guest Services and Dog Training roles in the store.
* Partner with the GM to attract, hire, and retain top talent;
participate in new partner and leader interviews and selection.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although
occasional merchandise stocking, customer carry-outs, and bank
deposits will require that an employee leave the store briefly.
Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving
merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long
periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from failure
to follow safety precautions and procedures. A limited amount of
travel will be required.
This position has continuous contact with the general public at the
store and at store-related events, and regular contact and exchange
of information with other departments in the field, Distribution
Centers, and at the Support Centers. Contact outside of PETCO may
be required in order to coordinate merchandise returns, ordering
parts, store repairs, coordination of vaccination clinics, store
events, vendor meetings, etc.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected
veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Keywords: PetCo, Rockville , Assistant Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!