Health Information Specialist - Spanish Speaking
Company: Sparks Group
Posted on: June 15, 2022
As a Bilingual Health Information Services Associate, you will work
under close supervision in the dissemination and interpretation of
complex health and medical-related information regarding the
causes, prevention, detection, diagnosis, and treatment of specific
diseases and disorders under the National Institutes of Health
(NIH) Institute's purview. In addition, you will respond to public
inquiries via phone calls, email, postal mail, and Live Chat. You
will develop standard and custom language to be used in responding
to public inquiries, conduct online literature searches of
NIH-approved Web sites and databases, and make resource referrals
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Managing incoming telephone calls, assessing caller's needs,
and verifying the information.
- Demonstrating excellent written communication skills in
responding to inquiries, both in English and in Spanish. Drafting
custom responses to written and email inquiries from the public,
including controlled correspondence from members of Congress, and
submitting to a senior staff person for review.
- Cross-training across other NIH contracts to provide inquiry
response support during periods of high volume.
- Conducting research and data gathering, including manual and
online literature searches using the World Wide Web and databases
such as PubMed, MedlinePlus, ClinicalTrials.gov, and NIH RePORTER,
and scanning health professional and programmatic literature to
identify information that will be useful in responding to
- Researching and identifying new referral sources for the
resource directories, ensuring that the organization meets the
- Preparing original drafts of frequently asked questions written
in plain language.
- Participating as a member of the team in developing materials
and publications that are used in responding to public health and
medical inquiries, including information packages, resource lists,
factsheets, and annotated bibliographies.
- Reviewing health-related professional, scientific, and medical
journals to draft knowledge base articles and developing new
- Preparing monthly continuing education presentations on topics
in the news related to new treatment options, rare diseases, and
new resources for health information.
- Providing onsite support at professional meetings attended by
physicians, nurses, and medical professionals, representing NIH
- Performing other duties as assigned. Requirements
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- B.S./B.A. degree in a science or health-related discipline
- Native Spanish speaker required.
- Bilingual written and verbal Spanish & English is
- The ability to travel to conferences is required.
- Prior experience working in the field of health information or
education is highly desired and familiarity with health care
terminology a plus.
- Experience in using the Internet and resource databases is
- Excellent client service skills, dependability, and
- Task and detail-oriented; able to work within established
deadlines and perform assignments with a high degree of
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of
the position at any time.
Qualified candidates should apply below AND call Sparks Group for
additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email
address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing
your background, your current job search, and your potential career
path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy,
citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Sparks Group, Rockville , Health Information Specialist - Spanish Speaking, Healthcare , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!