Project Management Officer (Bangladesh & Nigeria)- Local Health Systems Sustainability Project
Company: Abt Associates
Posted on: June 15, 2022
OpportunityAbt Associates seeks a qualified Project Management
Officer for the USAID-funded Local Health System Sustainability
(LHSS) project's Nigeria and Bangaldesh work. LHSS is USAIDs
flagship initiative to better integrate health systems
strengthening. Its goal is to help low- and middle-income countries
transition to sustainable, self-financed health systems as a means
to support access to universal health coverage. The project
objectives are 1) Increase financial protection, 2) Increase
population coverage and 3) Increase service coverage of quality
essential services.Key Roles and ResponsibilitiesThe Project
Management Officer will work with team supporting activities in
Bangladesh and Nigeria. Specific objectives include:
- Manage operational and technical backstopping support to global
- Facilitate the day-to-day activities of the project including
- Participate in client communications.
- Oversee work performed by the Project Management Analyst;
mentor and guide Project Management Analysts; supervisory
responsibility may apply.
- Analyze project financial performance with support from Project
Finance Analyst and make recommendations to Project Management
Director as needed.
- Review client and internal reports and deliverables for
accuracy and approval.
- Participate in the procurement process with vendor selection
and vendor/subcontract/consultant management.
- Identify hiring needs and support the hiring process with
approval from Project Management Director.
- Create/review scopes of work for local country
nationals/short-term technical assistance/
- Provide feedback on staff performance.
- Identify risks and monitor the risk registry, escalate items as
- Support compliance and audits and drafts responses.
- Play a key role in field startup and close out activities
acting as the primary coordinator/liaison.
- Train project office staff as needed.Preferred Skills:
- Strong organizational and communication skills when dealing
with project stakeholders
- Understanding of project risk and importance of timely
monitoring and escalation
- Knowledge of USAID grants programs
- Thorough understanding of procurement, budgeting and financial
- Understanding of hiring process for international
- Ability to organize a team to tackle day to day issues and
identify when appropriate to escalate
- Supervisory skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to project locations
overseasMinimum QualificationsBachelors Degree + Nine years of
relevant experience, or Masters Degree + Seven years of relevant
experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experienceAbt
Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer
committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides
market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.Disclaimer: Abt
Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an
offer of employment.This position offers an anticipated annual base
salary range of approximately $79,000 to $127,000 and may vary by
ten percent depending on candidate geographic location. Salary
offers are made based on internal equity and market
analysis.#LI-BK1 #LI-HYBRID #LI-REMOTE
Keywords: Abt Associates, Rockville , Project Management Officer (Bangladesh & Nigeria)- Local Health Systems Sustainability Project, Healthcare , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!