Delegating Nurse Assisted Living
Company: Ingleside At King Farm
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Ingleside at King Farm (IKF) is a not-for-profit, continuing
care retirement community central to the award-winning
inter-generational King Farm community. We offer small town living
just a short ride from the Nation's capital. Inside our walls,
residents find a stress free lifestyle with a variety of cultural
arts, wellness activities and amenities to choose from, and some of
the area's most spacious apartment homes. But most of all, they
find unique members and staff with rich life experiences who have
created a community within a community. This is a very exciting
position for a Assisted Living Delegating Nurse. If you meet the
requirements of this position, are a proactive individual, take
accountability for your actions, treat everyone with respect, are
innovative, a good steward of resources and assets and strive for
excellence we would be honored to review your cover letter and
resume. Job Summary: This position is primarily responsible for
planning and directing the overall clinical operations of the
Assisted Living Neighborhood at Ingleside at King Farm. Additional
duties include overseeing scheduling of staff, budget proposal and
supervisory roles. Job Requirements: Registered Nurse with (3) to
(5) years of supervisory experience in an Assisted Living community
and Case Manager/Delegating Nurse certification required; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Incumbent
should be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instruction furnished in written and oral form, possess
high-quality verbal and written communication ability, strong
interpersonal skills, and be knowledgeable on general nursing
principles and Assisted Living COMAR standard. Must be proficient
in the operation of computer applications and general office
equipment. Assisted Living Roles
- Conducts daily rounds to review safety, sanitation, and the
environment of the Assisted Living Neighborhood.
- Communicates with residents and families daily to ensure the
Assisted Living Unit community is meeting their needs to maintain
physical health and mental well being.
- Holds Stand Up meeting with last shift staff to discuss daily
issues and orders for Admissions and regular residents as
- Monitors nursing functions in the Assisted Living Neighborhood
to ensure all needs of the residents are tended to. Focuses on
non-nursing functions to maintain efficient operation of the
- Attends administrative meetings for Assisted Living
Neighborhood, Nursing Center, and Independent Living on a monthly
- Processes admission of new resident to the Assisted Living
Neighborhood to include furniture movement, chart compliance,
resident transition, room change and family satisfaction.
- Conducts a resident and family care plan meeting twice a month
to discuss resident's plan and level of care and to include staff,
resident and family members.
- Ensures all proper procedures are followed in the event of a
resident's death; notifies family and staff as appropriate.
- Completes UAI and mental health screening on all potential
admissions to the ALU. Admissions Assessment
- Assists in transitioning to differently levels of care
including assessments for services, resident transition, and family
- Maintains contact with clinic to receive information on new
residents moving in to the community. Informs staff of new
admission as need be.
- Works in conjunction with the primary physician/healthcare
provider to collect Resident Assessment tools (i.e. History &
Physical, ALM assesment) on potential resident and meets with the
family to discuss the services to be provided.
- Completes mental health screening of new residents with the
clinic to ensure completion upon move in day.
- Reviews quality assurance charts daily; follows up with any
errors to ensure corrections were made in a timely manner.
- Meets with family and Care Plan team bi-weekly to discuss care
plan and adjusts accordingly. Revises UAI during care plan meeting.
- Acts as a leader and manager of assigned positions; ensuring
productivity, efficiency and accuracy in work performed.
- Maintains payroll and timesheets for all Assisted Living
employees and plays active role in overseeing staffing.
- Ensures initial and on-going training is provided to employees
as needed; ensures cross-training is completed as appropriate.
- Identifies unacceptable performance and behavior exhibited by
employees and takes appropriate action; utilizes progressive
discipline policy when appropriate and maintains documentation as
- Conducts annual performance evaluations of companions; sends
copy of evaluation to Human Resources.
- Assures that companions follow established policies and
procedures at all times.
- Screens, interviews, and hires new companions on an as needed
- Updates job descriptions and Assisted Living Neighborhood
procedures on an as needed basis. Performance and Professionalism
- Maintains professional presence when representing Ingleside at
King Farm; exhibits degree of professionalism consistent with
standards in performance, behavior, and appearance.
- Maintains resident confidentiality and privacy at all times
according to policies and procedures; uses discretion when
discussing confidential matters.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior with residents,
families, co-workers, subordinates, supervisors, and other
- Maintains positive working relationships with management and
coworkers; willingly follows directions and requests as
- Exhibits professional standards through appearance and demeanor
consistent personnel standards.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work assignments and
performs in a manner to meet quality and timeliness
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of policies and
procedures; seeks clarification or interpretation from appropriate
supervisor when needed.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in all
relations with others. Professional Development
- Demonstrates professional development/skills competency in all
- Participates in in-service, projects, or committees as
- Maintains all certifications necessary for employment.
- Demonstrates flexibility, open mindedness, and versatility in
adjusting to changing environments and requirements as
- Commits to continually improving his/her skills through
participations in education opportunities whether offered on the
job, within, or outside of the community, to increase knowledge of
- Maintains a current knowledge of federal, state and other
regulations applicable to job. Safety and Security
- Complies with applicable safety policies and procedures as
prescribed by the organization, as well as government
- Reports any potential safety hazard(s) immediately to
- Provides assistance to resident, visitor, or employee in an
emergendy situation following the proper emergency proceduers. EEO
Statement: As an employer committed to Equal Employment
Opportunity, Ingleside recruits, hires, and promotes qualified
persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability,
genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis
protected by law. If interested in this position please apply to
this posting and attach cover letter along with your resume. Due to
the large number of applicants please DO NOT call to check on the
status of your application. Hiring managers will review all
applicants and contact those that are the best qualified. Apply Now
* Fields Are Required What is your full name? First Name How can we
contact you? Email Phone Number Number Type What is your preferred
method of communication?
Keywords: Ingleside At King Farm, Rockville , Delegating Nurse Assisted Living, Healthcare , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!