Dining Services Manager
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Summary: As a Dining Services Manager, you will manage a team of
food service professionals and be responsible for the overall
service in the main dining room as well as special functions.
Additionally, you will assist with maintaining interdepartmental
relations and integrating the dining service department with the
facility plan of operation. Essential Duties and
- Oversees dining services operations of a medium to large volume
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a
friendly and service-oriented manner.
- Assists with profit and loss and budgeting as it pertains to
- Works with the Chef and management team in creating menus and
providing top quality food.
- Assists in the responsibility for all food service-related
activities and be primarily involved in meal services in a seated
dining room setting, including quality improvement, sanitation,
infection control and all facility-related activities.
- Assists with the rollout of new culinary programs in
conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly reports for client
- Works with marketing and culinary department to increase sales
by innovations and food quality.
- Communicates with the culinary department to ensure the food
programs reflect the vision of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- 2 years of food service management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education,
military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Waited table and catering experience is preferred.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on
quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and
- Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products,
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
- Associates degree is preferred.
Keywords: Compass Group, Rockville , Dining Services Manager, Executive , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!