Strategic Customer Development Manager
Company: United States Pharmacopeia
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Description Summary of the Position This is a professional,
non-supervisory level position wherein the incumbent will be
responsible for the management (including top, and growth accounts)
of an assigned territory or region. The incumbent will be
responsible for all GSCD activity within their territory which
includes the management of accounts and authorized distributors, if
assigned. The Manager of Strategic Customer Development will work
with the Director Strategic Customer Development/RM of NorAm or
Team Lead (depending on the organizational structure) directly for
direction, priorities, and areas of focus. The incumbent will work
with the RPO staff to help provide actionable insights from the
customer through strategic customer engagement and by capturing
them in Salesforce; working sales qualified leads to meet
performance goals. This position will coordinate and manage
customer interactions, stakeholder groups as assigned, promote USP
product and services in a portfolio type approach and have one to
two areas of specific focus for the North America (NorAM) SCD team.
The incumbent will work closely with other Strategic Customer
Development Managers globally and RPO staff to identify product
enhancements and new service offerings through recording customer
insights. The incumbent will support the execution of required
plans for key accounts in their respective areas with the key
account team. The incumbent is responsible for driving revenue and
units sold per territory and reporting to their supervisor on a
frequent schedule, including taking actions as necessary to
overcome challenges. Roles and Responsibilities
- Make the requisite number of touch points (phone
calls/emails/teleconferences/meetings/customer visits) to assigned
accounts (based on tiers) to the responsible individuals and
decision-makers on USPs service and product portfolio with a
primary focus on Reference Standards and documenting calls,
meetings, and emails in Salesforce contemporaneously.
- Employing strategic customer engagement practices to understand
how management behaves to changes and key decision drivers at each
of the key accounts and large national companies within their
- Create User Forums, Quality Hours, Workshops and Webinars of
topics of key interest to our customers along with Scientific
Affairs, Science leads and Regulatory Affairs to showcase offerings
and the USP value proposition.
- Identify companies willing to work with USP on new monographs,
monograph improvement and bulk material.
- Work closely with accounts to help shepherd Monograph Donations
to the USP pipeline.
- Developing account plans and working them to meet the revenue
and units targets along with gaining an understanding of customer
needs and how USP may meet those needs.
- Elevating customer insights and potential future customer needs
as the quality paradigm changes.
- Maintain and update account information for all assigned
accounts within Salesforce.
- Capturing insights from the customers to determine the drivers
and barriers for growth and be solution seeking through documenting
the insights in Salesforce.
- Understanding and being trained on the SCD hub for all new and
existing products to be able to present the USP service and product
portfolio to the customers.
- Understanding the territory numbers (revenue and units)
explicitly and identifying the drivers and barriers for growth
trends for reference standards purchases every month. Keep track of
the progress to goals, monthly.
- Analyze the customer reporting data and preparing reports on
sales trends for USP and competitor products and make
recommendations on business impact and directions.
- Provide support to various functions in the organization:
Customer Experience, Services and Support, Key Accounts, Marketing
based on insights received from the users of the products and
- Know and have complete understanding of USP business. Know what
the macro factors are that influence our business in addition to
detailed knowledge of customer needs.
- Help to increase our understanding of the relationship between
USP, Regulatory and Commercial markets both domestically and
internationally and how those relationships effect our Revenue and
- Support opportunities for CEO engagement among top key
customers and accounts.
- Create points of intersection with other SCDs globally to
benchmark and work together or similar programs.
- Travel can be up to 50%, both domestic and international. Basic
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, or a related science field
required or business degree or related field. Experience:
- Five (5) years experience in a life sciences role preferably in
the pharmaceutical industry or a contract lab that does testing for
pharmaceutical industry or other evidence of experience in
conducting USP-NF testing in an analytical laboratory.
- Five (5) years experience providing account management to
pharmaceutical or chemical/laboratory supply channels Skills Sought
- Experience in life sciences related work with demonstrated
customer facing engagement activities including but not limited to
face-to-face interactions and digital touchpoints.
- Good interpersonal skills, communications skills, and telephone
manner required. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience using data analytical platform (e.g., Tableau) and
CRM platform (e.g., Sales Force) a plus.
- Previous sales experience a plus.
- Experience with regulatory, quality assurance or GMP background
- Strong account management skills required.
- Strong problem-solving skills with customer-centric
- Proficient in data analytical skills to understand and track
- Excellent relationship-building skills with customers.
- Excellent in person presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data and prepare reports
related to territories and areas of focus as routine.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced multi-task
environment. Supervisory Responsibilities None Benefits USP
provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and
your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off,
comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can
have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are
protected. About USP The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is
an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the
world's top experts in health and science to develop quality
standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients.
USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across
five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the
supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is
proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and
affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related
decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability,
religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited
resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible
for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific
written agreement with USP. The following COVID-19 provisions will
apply to selected candidate(s) hired: As a condition of employment
with United States Pharmacopeial Conventions (USP) duty to provide
and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, all
employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021 are
required to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation
is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Job Category Sales &
Marketing Job Type Full-Time
Keywords: United States Pharmacopeia, Rockville , Strategic Customer Development Manager, Executive , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!