VP, Procurement Services
Company: Choice Hotels International, Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Who are we looking for?Choice Hotels, one of the world's largest
lodging franchisors, has an exciting opportunity as our Vice
President, Procurement. The Vice President, Procurement will lead
the Partner Services team that creates vendor relationships that
connect our franchise owners/operators with world-class products
and services from a Qualified Vendor community. As a critical
Choice leader, you will oversee all strategic sourcing and
procurement services support (systems, processes, procedures,
contracts, analytics, compliance), as well as supplier negotiations
and strategic relationship development, supporting Choice's -$30
million in annual revenue.Are you a strategic leader with the
ability to establish internal and external relationships, and
influence stakeholders to drive growth? We invite you to apply
today and #MakeItYourChoice.Your Responsibilities Core Role
- Develop and maintain a global account supplier base to meet
franchisee and guest product and service needs through negotiations
and relationship development to deliver both competitive pricing
and quality products and services.
- Leverage Choice's procurement spend nationally to attempt to
maximize savings, establish a standardized set of best-in-class
policies, processes, procedures, and standards, implement
world-class sourcing tools and systems, and develop a robust
strategic supplier relationship/partnership program. -
- Establish and monitor revenue objectives (through Brand
programs, franchisee compliance, marketing/sponsorship fees and
transactional revenue goals) to ensure both individual and
department goals are achieved. Utilize SalesForce.com to ensure
goals and objectives are being met.
- Work with the Brands organizations to identify new
initiatives/standards. - Develop a comprehensive list of partner
relationships that will meet these objectives.
- Interface as necessary with franchise associations and senior
internal/external management to obtain input, sell-in, report on
results, and/or planned actions.Strategic Mindset
- Partner with brand leaders to define sourcing strategies and
then determine how best to implement and track performance against
these strategies (metrics). - In addition, partner with the brand
leaders to manage stakeholder relationships and achieve buy-in for
the sourcing strategies and business case for change. -
Establishing and managing strong partnerships with suppliers to
attempt to deliver continuous improvement savings will also be
- Develop sourcing strategies and procurement processes that
enable Choice to accelerate profitable growth while driving
efficiency, reducing costs, improving stakeholder buy-in and
enabling overall value creation and overall total cost of
- Develop a 5-year strategy to grow procurement revenue and
prepare quarterly/annual forecasts and performance updates as
requested.Your TeamAs our Vice President, Procurement, you will
report to the Chief Commercial Officer. You will coach and develop
the leaders that drive business development as well as account
management and vendor relationships. You will evaluate and build a
top team of procurement talent in all roles with true career paths
and a succession plan. -Your Experience & Skills -
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Superior sales and account relationship skills.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive, learns quickly, and makes "sound"
- High-level negotiation skills with proven record of developing
- Ability to interact with senior levels of management.
- 11+ years sales and/or business development experience. -
Consistent experience and documentation of exceeding target revenue
- Prior experience in managing direct report(s).
- Demonstrated experience in strategic business planning and
- Proven experience in budget management.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent
years of experience.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel required.Your Work LocationAs our Vice
President, Procurement, you will be based in our beautiful,
state-of-the-art worldwide corporate headquarters in Rockville,
Maryland. Less than 15 miles from Washington, DC, we're located
directly across from the Rockville Metro station, with service on
the Red Line and the MARC Brunswick line, easy access to I-270,
plenty of free parking provided by Choice Hotels.Right now, our
associates in Rockville, MD are working in our office between
two-four days per week and working virtually the remaining days. We
provide flexibility and encourage ongoing communication with your
leadership to establish expectations about your unique needs.About
Choice Hotels -Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) is one
of the largest lodging franchisors in the world. With nearly 7,000
hotels, representing nearly 600,000 rooms, in 35 countries and
territories as of March 31, 2022, the Choice - family of hotel
brands provides business and leisure travelers with a range of
high-quality lodging options from limited service to full-service
hotels in the upscale, midscale, extended-stay and economy
segments. The award-winning Choice Privileges - loyalty program
offers members benefits ranging from everyday rewards to
exceptional experiences. For more information, visit .Choice Hotels
International Reports 2022 First Quarter ResultsAbility to model
Choice's Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect Everyone, Be Bold, Be
Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show Integrity.
Keywords: Choice Hotels International, Inc., Rockville , VP, Procurement Services, Executive , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!