Business Development Manager
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Infosys Public Services is the leader in consulting, technology,
and next-generation services. We partner with US and Canadian
public sector organizations to help them stay ahead of the
innovation curve. Our technology solutions, combined with proven
best-practices and execution excellence enable our clients to renew
themselves and build new capabilities to improve mission
We are pushing the limit of what is currently possible - towards
completely new areas. And then executing these ideas to
Currently, we are seeking a Business Development Manager for our
Rockville, MD Location.
Position Description (scope of work or brief narrative):
We are currently seeking an experienced Business Development
Manager with a focus on US State and Local markets to drive new
client business development and coordinate search and sales
activities. This individual will cover selected US states with a
focus on System Integration ERP solutions in the Public Sector.
Must be comfortable working in a highly virtual role to initiate
- Identify, qualify, and win new business opportunities with the
US State Government leveraging search leads.
- Establish virtual relationships with decision makers at State
agencies and identified systems integrators.
- Leverage existing client relationships and establish new ones
for additional development to proposal and close deals.
- Understand client value drivers, identify, and shape new
arrangements, offer the customer unique perspectives, articulate
value proposition and differentiation. Secure teaming partners when
- Use remote selling to identify winning strategies by
understanding the client's needs and develop targets areas related
to establish service solutions.
- Lead executive level client-facing sales meetings and
presentations when applicable.
- Work collaboratively in a matrix team environment to craft
- Coordinate opportunity data collection and analysis (team will
be available)Required years of experience, training, technical
skills, and other requirements for job performance:
- 7+ years of business development experience, which must include
selling technology related services and solutions to US State
- Successful record of closing $5M+ IT Consulting / Systems
- Strong ERP solution selling experience (SAP, Oracle, and others
- Experience with remote hunting and selling - number driven
- Experience in closing deals in IT Consulting and Systems
Integration (client account selling vs. transaction / product
- Developed and maintained client and teaming partner
relationships in targeted key accounts.
- Good understanding of IT Projects Life Cycles for ERP programs
and emerging technologies such as Cloud Infrastructure and cloud
- Expertise in selling objectives, program operations and
business processes of State agencies, and be familiar with
procurement and acquisition lifecycle processes that drive the
State capture process.
- A track record of developing, maintaining, and successfully
progressing sales pipelines.
- The ability to leverage / refine or create a marketable
offering out of available internal capability.
- Willing to undertake business-related travel when
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation
- Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, required from an
accredited institution.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, from an accredited
- Large deal ($20 million plus) experience
- Strong ERP selling experience in SAP and Oracle
- Technical certifications
- Experience with the Business Areas for Procurement, HCM, and
core back-office systems
- Understanding of Mobility and Web front end user accessThe job
may entail an extensive amount of travel. The job also entails
sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of
time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to
IPS strictly complies with U.S. employment verification and
anti-discrimination laws. An applicant hired by IPS must be able to
establish authorization to work in the U.S. IPS does not sponsor
individuals for U.S. work visas, though exceptions may be evaluated
on a case by case basis, at the sole discretion of the company.
Infosys Public Services is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Infosys, Rockville , Business Development Manager, Executive , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!