Program Support Manager (Emergency Shelter)
Company: Interfaith Works
Posted on: June 12, 2022
Job DescriptionTitle: Program Support Manager of Emergency
ShelterReports to: Program Director Employment Status: Full-time
FSLA Status: ExemptPay rate: starting at $50,000 annualPOSITION
SUMMARYInterfaith Works will be operating a low-barrier emergency
shelter for adult men, women, and nonbinary individuals
experiencing homelessness. The 30-bed program provides shelter,
meals, and case management services. The goal of the program is to
quickly move shelter clients to housing so that homelessness is
rare, brief, and non-recurring. Under the supervision of the
Program Director, Program Support Manager is responsible for
recruiting, training, supervising, and scheduling the Program
Support Staff, who are on duty at all times to support the clients
served by the program. This is a full-time, hands-on position that
requires mostly on-site supervision of staff.ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
RESPONSIBILITIESThe essential functions include, but are not
limited to the following:
- Work with the Operations Manager and Administrative team to
recruit and hire enough Program Support Staff to keep all shifts
- Ensure Program Support Staff receive training through
on-the-job training with the Program Support Manager and Shift
Supervisors and by attending the trainings provided by IW and the
- Organize and maintain the Program Support Staff schedules to
maintain adequate shift coverage.
- Ensure all shifts are covered and be prepared to cover any open
- Read and respond to daily log notes. Provide timely coaching
and feedback needed to Program Support Staff.
- Provide individual supervision at least monthly to address
concerns or provide additional training and support.
- Review and approve Program Support Staff payroll biweekly
- Attend Program Support Manager meetings.
- Attend weekly supervision meeting with the Program
- Help facilitate all staff meetings.
- With the Program Directors, develop and maintain the procedure
- Provide performance feedback as needed and complete annual
written performance evaluations to supervisees.
- Perform other related tasks and duties as assigned by the
Program Director.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- 3 - 5 years of experience in direct service work, preferably
with some lead or supervisory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively
work as part of a team in a fast-paced program serving clients from
diverse racial, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and the ability to
manage multiple staff schedules.
- Experience working with individuals with acute and chronic
behavioral health issues and knowledge of crisis intervention
- Ability to apply best practices in working with the
homelessness population, including Trauma-Informed Care, Harm
Reduction and Housing First.
- Must be available to work dayshift, evening and overnight as
needed to cover open shifts at the shelter.
- Skilled use of Microsoft Office Software Suite. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties
of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers,
handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and
arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The
noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
NOTEThis job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in
this position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform
this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills,
aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will"
relationship.TO APPLYInterested candidates must submit a resume
with their application to be considered. Applicants must apply
through this link. Please send any questions about the application
process to firstname.lastname@example.org.Interfaith Works is an equal
opportunity employer which values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are committed to a continued focus on equitable hiring,
training, promotional practices, and policies. We are a drug free
workplace and comply with ADA regulations, as applicable.
Keywords: Interfaith Works, Rockville , Program Support Manager (Emergency Shelter), Executive , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!